I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

Lovely day out at Hunstanton, easy booked Tee time, nice car park, nice looking clubhouse, great welcome from the pro, great welcome from the clubhouse staff, spoke to a number of members really welcoming and friendly. Nice food in the clubhouse lounge, great view of the course and beach huts.

Had a grin at one beach hut adjoining on the right side of the 18th, named 'Shank'.

Round in just under 3 hours as played in 2 x 2 balls, millionaires golf almost, course in great shape for March. Greens rolling really nice and pure. Bit of wind and nippy to make it interesting. Couple of different/quirky holes(200 yard totally blind par 3, hit and hope and flick the pole:D) , many good holes with bunkers on the fairway to test your driving, luckily only visited one bunker. I assume it played a bit back to front due to the 15-20mph NE wind, as back 9 was downwind. Putting still pants, if only I could still putt, I would be shooting some low scores.

Loved it and will be back, family really liked it.

Shot WHS 8.9, got cut 0.5 a shot as a result.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Lovely day out at Hunstanton, easy booked Tee time, nice car park, nice looking clubhouse, great welcome from the pro, great welcome from the clubhouse staff, spoke to a number of members really welcoming and friendly. Nice food in the clubhouse lounge, great view of the course and beach huts.

Had a grin at one beach hut adjoining on the right side of the 18th, named 'Shank'.

Round in just under 3 hours as played in 2 x 2 balls, millionaires golf almost, course in great shape for March. Greens rolling really nice and pure. Bit of wind and nippy to make it interesting. Couple of different/quirky holes(200 yard totally blind par 3, hit and hope and flick the pole:D) , many good holes with bunkers on the fairway to test your driving, luckily only visited one bunker. I assume it played a bit back to front due to the 15-20mph NE wind, as back 9 was downwind. Putting still pants, if only I could still putt, I would be shooting some low scores.

Loved it and will be back, family really liked it.

Shot WHS 8.9, got cut 0.5 a shot as a result.
Love that flick-pole....
Echo all the above about the welcome and the members....(y)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shocking today, everything was off on the front nine. Managed to come back in one over and scrape 33 points total. Seems like my putter has stopped working. Ah well, I’ll try again tomorrow in the medal.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nice morning, but was utter garbage. Again drove the ball well but couldn't capitalise on it.

The 12 summed up my round perfectly, big drive, wedge in, shermanded it almost into the turf nursery, wedged it on the green with a blind shot that was almost as far away as where my 2nd was from and then sank a 30 ft putt for a par🤣

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford comp today.
The first hole is a simple 350 yard par 4.
Fatted my tee shot, then shanked a 5 iron, then shanked a 6 iron, wedge onto the green and three putted for a 7. o_O

Came good after that though and scored 37 off 95% so should get a 0.4 cut.

In the bag were:
1980'ish Wilson 1 & 3 woods
1962/63 Wilson Staff Dynapower "Turfrider Sole" irons, 2 to PW plus a 1980'ish Wilson SW
Mid 1960s Wilson Staff 8813 putter

See them all here if you're interested:

D

Deleted member 15344

Another County scratch foursomes match today - nice solid 4 nil win for the team , we are getting close to having a chance to win the thing if we win are final two games and then one other team drops a point 🤞

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
First round since boxing day (only third round in UK since H4H) at Queen's Park in Bmouth.

35 points, 2 wayward tee shots causing blobs. 6 pars and a birdie. Just a bit of rust around the Greeks stopped it from being a great comeback.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was knackered today. Been back in the office the last three days and up and out at 7:30am again today for some silly photoshoot with the baby that the wife booked. Raced home, quick bite to eat change clothes and straight to the course. Knew I was nailed on to play absolutely awful after that preparation.

Played my best round of the year by far! Front nine was only three over, including a birdie on the third. Was absolutely robbed of one shot on the 7th as well when my putt was going straight in but it hit a pitchmark and diverted wide of the hole. Out of nowhere I made a total arse of the 10th with five woeful shots in a row, but made up for it with par on the 11th. Ended up with a score of 76 for 17 holes, 36 points. One birdie, eight pars, five bogeys.

My mate who lives down near Dorking drove up to play with us as well, he's an infrequent player but managed a respectable 31 points off of 36 hcap. My 28 hcap mate managed 34 points so I got the win today, and had a brilliant afternoon with two of my best mates. Biggest improvement was putting today, the greens were a bit quicker where they've dried out without much rain, but I sussed them out early, rolled the ball superbly and only clocked up 27 putts over the round. Driving was good as well, nice consistent fade. Very positive!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thankfully wasn't mid-swing when the sonic boom occurred today, just walking between 15th green and 16th tee. 💣 Probably most notable thing from today though, am not shooting great scores like some on the forum seem to be. Still course and greens were in great nick and was good to be out having missed last weekend.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
For heavens sake!
I’ve never driven the ball so well, missed 2 fairways and both had decent lies in the heather/rough.
Putter was dead again, actually a bit yippy in places.
81 with 37 putts 😢 should have been a 77 at least.
Frustrating!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Had a knock round Dewsbury District with the youth yesterday, got him joined up there as well as the membership at Willow Valley where we both play. Still on Winter tee mats but the greens were very good considering the time of year.

Time for him to start playing golf with his mates as well as his dad - hopefully it keeps him interested through his teenage years and he can progress into being a semi-decent golfer.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
First monthly stableford of the year. Six one pointers, two blobs. 32 points. Good to see that the winter competition break has done nothing to disrupt my consistent inconsistency.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club medal today of the forward tees. Managed a 72 for a 68. Par is 70. The leader is currently sat on 60 😱 and leading by five. On 17 my wedge shot landed on top of my PP ball which was on the green. My ball pinged off a lot further away
Had a knock round Dewsbury District with the youth yesterday, got him joined up there as well as the membership at Willow Valley where we both play. Still on Winter tee mats but the greens were very good considering the time of year.

Time for him to start playing golf with his mates as well as his dad - hopefully it keeps him interested through his teenage years and he can progress into being a semi-decent golfer.
I used to live next to Dewsbury District GC in the old reform school before it was turned into a care home. I was never a member there but played it loads although not for a few years. Some tough holes.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Medal today and the first time the Whites have been out since November so a bit of a baptism of fire...
Played the front 9 very solidly and was 2 over after 9 including a 2 foot tap in birdie on the 8th for a 2...
We'd been behind a 3 ball most of the way around but we didn't really have to wait that long..
On the 10th a pair had just teed off behind the group in front....and the pace slowed to a crawl.
Struggled to keep the tempo going and was 6 over on the back without really doing much wrong...
Nett 73, 6 shots off the pace so not a disaster...at least I kept a doublemoff the card and it looks like a 0.1 cut to boot...
Fragger, on the other hand, racked up some BIG numbers whilst chucking in a couple of pars...