I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seems my game has , most definitely, buggered off the Spain on holiday leaving me to pick up the pieces.....
Iron game a complete mess.
Can't get close enough to the hole to give myself a chance of par half the time, let alone a birdie...
To be fair, it's windy and rainy down here today and it wasn't hugely fun but had to p,ay the last 3 in 1 under gross to post even a slightly respectable score......
Stupid game....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game at the “new” club.

Only did 9 as I’m supposed to be working and knocked it about in 38 so 4 over.

Off to the addington tomorrow with pouty and peg leg

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played for the first time at Farleigh - in an interclub seniors friendly. Fairways generally wider than Biggin Hill runway, but thought it was a very nice layout, and very nicely kept. And great clubhouse facilities. Played pretty well apart from 3 or 4 rubbish topped drives. Iron play was pretty damn good for me - just a shame I couldn't get the measure of the greens. Nother visit in order I think.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night and as expected I was rubbish. 20mph wind with gusts up to 36mph and it certainly felt like it. The wind was just knocking the ball out the air when downwind and into was a lottery. Was absolutely shocking off the tee again, driving really has gone missing. It's a 3 way miss I've got going on, left, right and straight up. Not fun and I've no idea where the skying has come from, obviously coming in far too steep as I've actually taken a couple of divots with the driver. Lost 3 balls and shot an adjusted 84 for 29 points.

The first and second cuts at my place are very dense and lush right now and it's hard to find the ball in it. Lost one on the first when I was between the first and 18th fairways, pretty innocuous looking semi but the ball must have nestled down and we couldn't see it. Kinda summed up the night really.

Bright spots where I hit the new 3 wood 3 times off the tee and kept it in play each time and my putting was excellent. If it wasn't for that I would have shot over 90.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Club singles match today against a very decent 7 h'capper. Got off to a dreadful start, 3 down after 3! Managed to pull it back to level by the turn, then my opponent went on fire with his putter, knocking in 4 great putts in a row. Fortunately I managed to halve a couple of them, but was 2 down with 3 to play.

He found trouble off the tee on the 16th, and I got it back to 1 down thanks to a great drive and second shot. A lovely chip to a couple of inches won me the 17th, so all square going up the 18th, with me getting a shot. I hit a belter of a drive (a long way over the hill for those who know my course), he got stuck behind a tree and had to play out sideways. I knocked my second close to the green, he put his 3rd onto the back of the green. I hit a poor chip to be outside him. Decent lag putt meant he had to hole his. Shaved the hole, so I got the win - first time I'd been ahead in the entire game.

Thru to the last 32, onwards and upwards :D

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played 9 today at home course, f*ck me I was +1 gross after 4 holes for 12 points! Sh1t the bed a little after that with 2 consecutive doubles and a triple, a par and then a bogey to finish. 45 gross which is +9 and 21 points! Absolutely delighted with it, my best 9 by far and wish I could have played 18 (damn the kids needing to be picked up). Definitely got a bit of luck along the way but made the most of it, most pleasing aspects:

- I usually play alone but played today with a couple of gents near retirement age who literally insisted I join them. I was very nervous and warned them I'm rubbish.....actually really enjoyed it and was probably a positive on my game having to wait/watch/learn from other people.
- Didn't lose a ball for the first time over 9 holes at my home course (hurrah!)
- Starting to get a little confidence off the tee and feel I can hit a 3w or hybrid off the tee, and that is making a difference alongside the ground firming up. Literally 100 yards further down the fairway compared to where I was hitting irons only.
- Hit 3 GIRs including a Par 5

Loving this game at the minute! Such a great decision to take it up/get back into it ~12 months ago!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It wasnt really late spring weather today for our medal, very windy and showery, didnt play too badly my card being spoilt be 3 doubles, ended up 4 worse than handicap but scoring wasnt great and I picked up the divisional prize, it was a free week handicap wise so no change it that.
Next up for me is the 36 hole County Championship at Birkdale on Sunday, I have been waiting 3 years for this and it is finally here

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors KO match today, won the first but then consecutive 3 putts let my opponent back in.
My opponent was receiving 8 shots and 2 of them are on the holes 16 and 17 so being behind at that stage is usually fatal.

I was 2 down at the turn and put a ball OB on the 10th to go 3 down, by the time we got to the 16th tee I was still 2 down, I hit a good drive but he hit his best of the day, I then made one of my worst swings of the day and semi-shanked the ball into a ditch, match lost 3 and 2.

Imurg

Visit site
Usual Friday round with CVG today...started on the back 9 and I could tell it wasn't going to be his day when he nearly lost a ball on the 10th...
Steady front(back)9 of 17 points (5 over) and then birdied the 1st(10th) and thought it could be a decent day after all..
But then we caught the slowest 2 ball in the history of slow 2 balls....chances of being let through?
A big fat ZERO....
Mentally I have no problem coping with slow play
My problem is physical...joints start to seize up so the swing gets shorter etc etc....
A couple of blobs killed the chance of a cut and, in the end, we were happy to escape with out sanity intact..
32 points, so decent scoring when I scored....
I bet the 2 ball are on the 17th now...:sleep:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seniors Open at The Northumberland. 4BBB. First time either of us had played here. Bit quirky but enjoyable. Played well in 30-40mph wind. Ran out of steam on the last 4 holes which were all into the wind, but finished on a respectable 38 points.

Place reeks of money, very classy, great practice facilities. Tired out after 6 games in 7 days, looking forward to a couple of days off this weekend!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently on a golfing holiday in Belek. Played the Carya and the Monty on consecutive days. Both fantastic courses but the Carya is my favourite of the two. Played good both days and managed to be just 5 over around each course. Highlight was 3 birdies in a row on the Carya. ?. Have played both a few times now and they just seem to get better every time. Around my own course my index gives me 3 shots. Yesterday on the Monty (yellow tees) I had to play off 1 ?. No way is my home course easier.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played 9 last night. Almost didn’t but dragged myself out to blow the cobwebs away. And blow the wind did. Weather forecast said 20mph but it felt stronger at times.

The course is getting very firm and yellow in places. There are some serious cracks opening up in places in the rough, which is very bumpy and growing fast. The greens had been dressed with something to were a bit off, but firm and fast.

Anyway, didn’t swing it too well, but scored ok apart from an opening double, and happy to have managed my way round in 39 despite only hitting 3GiR and 3 putting one that I did ?

E1F29723-0A9D-4E85-BE10-C3B324EF0882.jpeg

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from a week at Motecastillo, just outside Jerez.
Very warm and a great golf course.
I took the honours with 165 points over 5 rounds, but my mate aced the 2nd hole on the 1st day.
A really good week ................................ but tested +ve for Covid this morning!

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Walked off after 7 holes. Really struggling, not enjoying competition golf. Trying too hard and expecting too much. Strike the ball really well in the nets beforehand then it all goes crap.
Gonna miss competitive golf for a while and just rock up and play without a card.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well that’s a jolt in the arm,literally.
Was playing in a match at Burnham and Berrow and on the 15 had 75 into the green on a uphill lie.
Jabbed my wedge into the ground and bang went my shoulder.
Didn’t dislocate but the pain was excruciating.
Been laid up for 5 days now and have cancelled all golf to June 9th.
Hopefully that’s long enough.

Imurg

Visit site
Well that’s a jolt in the arm,literally.
Was playing in a match at Burnham and Berrow and on the 15 had 75 into the green on a uphill lie.
Jabbed my wedge into the ground and bang went my shoulder.
Didn’t dislocate but the pain was excruciating.
Been laid up for 5 days now and have cancelled all golf to June 9th.
Hopefully that’s long enough.
Ouch
Hope it's nothing serious...funny things shoulders....:oops:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Gross 81, 40 points on Saturday morning.
10 pars, one birdie - on the 18th of all holes!
Some monster drives out there too.
Good knock with the lads, first time we’ve all gone out together in a while and just really enjoyed it. Everyone played well which helps!