I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

RichA

Visit site
Played at Flempton yesterday in a PGS (Persimmon Golf Society) event.
Three-putted 4 times in the first 7 holes to be 8 over par. Then did the next 11 holes in one over with just one birdie.
It is a 9-hole course. So at least I can say that I have done the course in one over par. ;)
Played with my favourite set of irons - 60-year-old Forgan Power-pakt. Nearly as old as me!
?
I demand a recount.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today and for the first time this year I heard “ Tash is the overall winner” In the fiddle. My putter was on fire, It helped that the greens were gorgeous.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Royal North Devon today, a poor start for a blob, birdied the third to get back on track but a few loose holes and another blob on the 7th saw me score 31 points.
Lovely day with just enough breeze to make it interesting.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game for the seniors team. 4BBB, playing a pair who were off 24 and 28 respectively, getting 10 shots off us. They used the shots well, barely missed a putt, and were +3 after 9 holes. We played OK, but couldn't live with that form. Stuffed 7&6. Think they ended up +5 for the 12 holes we played, single-putting 10 of them.

Springveldt

Visit site
First game for the seniors team. 4BBB, playing a pair who were off 24 and 28 respectively, getting 10 shots off us. They used the shots well, barely missed a putt, and were +3 after 9 holes. We played OK, but couldn't live with that form. Stuffed 7&6. Think they ended up +5 for the 12 holes we played, single-putting 10 of them.
They must have been about -12 on their handicap. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing you can do against that.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Played Brampton Golf course near Carlisle today with my wife’s uncle while up visiting for a few days.

What a stunning course it was! Some really tricky little holes, rarely can you see the target you’re aiming for and not often do you get a flat lie! Rapid greens too!

Real little gem of a course, not sure if any members are on here but if they are - they’re lucky!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played another 9 holes tonight and off the tee it was pretty decent.
Putting wasn’t great after playing on quick greens on Monday.

Tried chipping only using my left hand and it was so much better than using 2 hands as I feel like my right shoulder isn’t as high. No doubt it’ll turn to shite next time I play

D

Deleted member 3432

Played Brampton Golf course near Carlisle today with my wife’s uncle while up visiting for a few days.

What a stunning course it was! Some really tricky little holes, rarely can you see the target you’re aiming for and not often do you get a flat lie! Rapid greens too!

Real little gem of a course, not sure if any members are on here but if they are - they’re lucky!

It can get very tricky when it firms up with all the slopey fairways.

Nice track though.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: I played today and......

and was absolutely shocking. Started with the unmentionables on Saturday during the last few holes, went out yesterday to solve it and managed a level of consistency I've never had before - every shot with an iron rocketed off to right. Called it after our par 3 3rd; Hosel rocket tee shot into cabbage; same again just chipping out but in play; hosel rocket straight back in - ball lost. Dropped, and did it again. Seriously fuming, sort of did it again with ball now just of the green. Tried to chip - rockets into the cabbage again.

Just went to the car park and went home. Can't wait for Saturdays comp!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
...breaking news.

Upsidedown has done the front nine in just one over to move from 176th to 107th. Lets hope for a good back nine. Come on lad!

English Senior Men's Stroke Play Championship Event :: English Senior Men's Stroke Play Championship (golfgenius.com)

EDIT:

..oh no

Bad run from the 10th to 13th I'm afraid and he's back to where he started today - 176th out of a field of 288. Four holes to go for our lad.

EDIT: EDIT:

He recovered to do the last 5 holes in one over and currently T179th, but with several more players yet to finish.

EDIT: 168th out of a field of 288, with just a few more to finish.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played early to be done before work and the multitudes that would descend later in the day..
Hit my first shot at precisely 5.17..a glorious, fading drive that left me 101 to the green..
P.ayed the front 9 fairly quickly as I wanted to make the turn with nobody in front..
Hit my last putt on the 9th at 6.17 and, although I didn't keep accurate scores, I'd have been about level handicap.
Back 9 was bathed in glorious sunshine and I hit plenty more shots.
Almost didn't want it to end..best part of the day without doubt.
Parred the last to break 80.
Shame I had to go to work....might do it again tomorrow :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to West Middlesex today, with two mates, one a 28 ish handicapper (gets 31 here off yellows), the other has hardly played in years so we had him off 36. I get 16 shots.

Started off really well with four pars in the first five holes. Unfortunately ended that with a double after a horribly sliced 7 wood into trees meant a drop was required. 42 front nine for 19 points.

Back nine was more of a struggle. An awful triple on the par 3 11th put hopes of a really good round to bed. Followed that with a par, but from then on I was really scraping by and rescuing bogeys from the abyss. On one hole I lost a ball (second lost ball of the round which is extremely annoying!), was short right of the green for 4 and somehow hit a beauty of a chip with the 56, up and over a bunker and rolled straight in the hole. A couple of other holes good putts saved me. 44 back nine in the end for 17 points, 86 & 36 total.

I'm quite pleased with that to be fair, just annoying that a couple of God awful holes prevented it being a truly great round. My mates got 102/35 and 106/35 so everyone scored pretty decent for their level to be fair. The course was in really nice nick, the greens were quick and the fairways lovely. It was a slow round though as it was very busy, we did have to wait on quite a few tees. To be expected as a visitor on a bank holiday I guess, even if we did tee off in the afternoon. My biggest annoyances though were the two lost balls, and slicing the new hybrid a couple of times - honeymoon period over!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
...breaking news.

Upsidedown has done the front nine in just one over to move from 176th to 107th. Lets hope for a good back nine. Come on lad!

English Senior Men's Stroke Play Championship Event :: English Senior Men's Stroke Play Championship (golfgenius.com)

EDIT:

..oh no

Bad run from the 10th to 13th I'm afraid and he's back to where he started today - 176th out of a field of 288. Four holes to go for our lad.

EDIT: EDIT:

He recovered to do the last 5 holes in one over and currently T179th, but with several more players yet to finish.

EDIT: 168th out of a field of 288, with just a few more to finish.
Finished 162nd, had 2 putts on F9 for birdies that I totally misread from 6 foot but happy to be one over after 9.
Stupid 3 putt on 10, just missed green on 11 for horrible lie then went through th e back on 12 and 13 to drop 3 more shots.
Been a great 4 days mixing with the best Seniors in the country and cheering on our neighbour on the caravan site who is leading.
Lost to him in a County match 4 years ago, very good player but Warren Bladon not far behind him (did I mention we beat Warren a couple of weeks ago ???).
Roll on the Welsh in 2 weeks hopefully although my HI has doubled in 2 weeks ?

D

Deleted member 17920

Finished 162nd, had 2 putts on F9 for birdies that I totally misread from 6 foot but happy to be one over after 9.
Stupid 3 putt on 10, just missed green on 11 for horrible lie then went through th e back on 12 and 13 to drop 3 more shots.
Been a great 4 days mixing with the best Seniors in the country and cheering on our neighbour on the caravan site who is leading.
Lost to him in a County match 4 years ago, very good player but Warren Bladon not far behind him (did I mention we beat Warren a couple of weeks ago ???).
Roll on the Welsh in 2 weeks hopefully although my HI has doubled in 2 weeks ?
Still a great effort ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played with a mate at my place today. Meant to be glorious, sadly was not. Thankfully the rain didn't start until I was driving home though.

I had problems with my arm and shoulder today so expectations were low. Started okay, with limited swing, but declined from about the 14th onwards. The swing got shorter, concentration lapsed further and it was not pretty. It was interesting how the dip in concentration affected my golf to such a degree. There was a reason for it today but something to bear in mind for future rounds.