I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

First out at 8am, lovely out there, woeful chipping and putting. shot 92, scoring diff 16.8 on west course. Got in van, as skies opened, phew!. Sat out the rain, then East course in the windier afternoon(didnt score).

No birdies :( but wife got one, not that she reminded me:LOL::LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First out at 8am, lovely out there, woeful chipping and putting. shot 92, scoring diff 16.8 on west course. Got in van, as skies opened, phew!. Sat out the rain, then East course in the windier afternoon(didnt score).

No birdies :( but wife got one, not that she reminded me:LOL::LOL:
Hard-core 36 holes in winter, I can't even manage that now in summer.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well that certainly blew the cobwebs off ?? A lovely bright day ? at Silloth.. made all the more fun by a 30+ mph wind fresh off the Solway and 50mph gusts. The 9th hole, playing 130 yards to the back white flag position, straight into the wind .. flat out 6 iron into the heart of the green ⛳️ then 3 putted ?
View attachment 41243
I must really make the effort to get there this year, shame its so far from civilisation ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Roll up. Tricky in breezy conditions and a slog once the rain came in on the back 9. Didn't play great and got 29 (thought it was worse than that but card was marked right). For the heck of it I took Trigger out (my original Anser 2 I am getting regripped and reshafted hence the name - Triggers new broom). Felt a bit light at 33 inches so hoping a longer shaft may give me that fraction more weight. Greens pencilled tined midweek so lots of bobbles so hard to be objective

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Pairs betterball comp today off 85%. Mostly played well but a couple of dodgy shots thrown in. We dovetailed well though and ended up with 47 points, ended up 2nd after losing on the back 9.

Not sure what I scored personally, but no doubles, and a couple of birdies so I’m guessing it would have been a high 70’s. Overall, pretty happy.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday morning in the wind and the wet with 18 temp greens. Course was very wet in places but after a bit of a stressful week at work and being sat next to a computer every day for 12 hours I needed the walk.

Didn’t hit it as well as previous weeks but had 3 birdies that I holed out, not gimmies. Felt nice holing a few 6-8 footers on temp greens.

By the end the wind had died right down and it was a beautiful walk the last 3 holes. Took the dog for once and he enjoyed it as well although he still has a tendency to bark as you are about to hit as he wants to chase the ball. If he would stop that I’d take him more often.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 8 holes this morning in the wind. Lots of tree debris all over the course from Fridays storm and three big trees blown down. Course soaking again after it was starting to dry out. Whatever happened to the cold but dry winters?

AliMc

Visit site
Very windy at Dunbar today apart from one brief shower, probably a two and a half club wind, pp and I both shot 78 so not too bad, really happy to just get a game after a week off for the school holidays, back to a couple of games next week

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very windy and very damp with persistent drizzle all the way round. Didn't hit it well but out in 19 and then lost the plot to finish in 29. Avoided being "bitch" and lowest score so avoided the default of having to buy and serve all the drinks for the winner

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing today winds gusting at some time to the point I could barely stand up. On our most exposed tee it took me about 6 attempts just to place the ball on the tee peg.

Funniest one was driving off got a little push which just turned straight right and nearly finished on another green

Most disappointing shot was playing one of par 3s which had been shortened to 80 yards due to tree work. It is very up hill so you can only see where the ball lands very roughly. Landed it on the front edge and ball disappeared from sight as expected. Great excitement reaching the green, thought I had a hole in one as the ball was nowhere to be seen. The ball had gone off the green and down a bank 40 yards from where it landed.

Best two holes were pars on the hardest and 3rd hardest hole on the course both of which were straight against the wind.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a Stableford comp, winds in the mid twenties gusting into the forties.

Hard to get a stable stance on a lot of shots and it affected my swing, I couldn't commit to a full swing for a while, trying to hit low chasers.
And one of the worst days putting I can remember.
Scored 26 points, two guys on 32 were tied for the lead so hopefully it'll be a non counter for handicap.