I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 15344

What a lovely afternoon in glorious sunshine , started of the round with a lovely birdie ? and then finished the round on handicap.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well...it wasn't pretty and we only got 16 holes done due to an incredibly slow front 9.
About 3 groups in front of us only played 9 and once we got onto the 10th it was plain sailing but we lost the light.
A couple,e of pars, a birdie and lots of rubbish....
But it's good to be back and things can only get better

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
12 holes yesterday evening before we lost the light.

I was level par after 3, finished 9 over through 12. Considering my handicap, thats pretty great golf!

Hoping I can continue on this path, I've made a slight adjustment to my swing through lockdown which has re-gained the length I was losing before.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
First time out last night and played 13 holes - course was lovely condition for time of year - and got my first birdie of the year on our difficult 9th. Mind you when on the 9th tee I watched a lad playing the 6th behind me and out by himself, hit his tee shot on the par 3 6th to about 2". Would have been his first hole-in-one. He reckoned it almost pitched straight in the hole.

Imurg

Visit site
Out at 7 on my own...didn't see anyone else until the 8th.
Ball striking still extremely ropey but gotmit round the front in 14 and the back in 18.
The driver seems to have lost some horsepower over the lockdown..the 4w is going further...
It's undoubtedly my extremely shonky swing ..
1 thing I have learned is that I need to learn how to putt on our greens again.....dreadful display, yesterday and today...
Think I might do it all again tomorrow...and Thursday....and Friday but may choose to rest up on Saturday...we'll see

D

Deleted member 21258

Last out last night for quick 9 holes, finished birdie birdie for 3 over.

This morning first out, bit nippy 2degrees to start but then cracking weather, still, sunny, stuff that golf dreams are made of.

10 over front nine(3 lost balls:oops:), 1 over back nine, to win the matchplay 5:4:0, wife hacked like she had never played before:D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had my usual game at the Kings today, windy would be and understatement, intermittent rain as well, course really does need some TLC its in a really shocking state.

had a real laugh with the boys , esp as Go Go looked to have mixed his washing up with one of his Daughters, i'm sure he was wearing Jeggings:ROFLMAO:

hit it OK, though we did cut across from 10 to 14 as we had caught up the fourball who had tee'd off at 11am (we were 12.30 and also a 4 ball) rec on of them guy who's known as Happy Gilmore, saw them tee off earlier when i was out on my bike this morning..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Second round after lockdown and kept score today, 89 for 37 points so there's hope for me yet.

But I've come to the conclusion that the Slazenger "Lucky 13" putter is the most challenging putter in my collection.
As well as having a tiny head, it's the opposite to an Anser style and all current thinking in putter design in that there's no weight at the toe and heel and a big lump behind the ball, so a slightly off centre strike and it's curtains.
It does make you concentrate though and I holed a few decent ones including a birdie from the fringe on the 17th.

1617115574702.png

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had today off work for my first round back and couldn't have picked a better day. Glorious sunshine, 22°c! Went with my mate as a two-ball. Made a surprisingly good start only one over after three holes, but it was more as expected after that, with a few bogeys and doubles. Made a birdie on the 13th which was a nice bonus! Finished with a score of 90, so 21 over par, well over handicap, but I was still pretty happy with that for the first round in three months.

My only 'swing thought' was to make sure I finish the swing, as I remember before lockdown I don't think I was doing that properly - plus the comments on my swing video from Barney and others tied in with that, i.e. rotating more. It resulted in me generally striking the ball pretty well. Weird results with the driver, hit some cracking straight ones, but I also pulled a few to the left with a pretty straight ball flight/maybe even slight draw, which is pretty different to the fade I usually hit. I put it down to the fact that I've probably got used to aiming left for the fade, but actually hit it where I aimed for once. Overall though ball-striking was decent, but my putting was absolutely awful. You tend to worry about getting your swing back after 3 months off, but in fact that's just muscle memory, the real hard part is getting your short game back, the part that required judgement and brain power. Or so it proved anyway. I don't know how many putts I hit today (because Hole19 have decided you now have to pay to see ANY data at all from your round, even the SCORE - robbing bastards) but it could have been as many as 40, including several 3 putts and even a 4 putt when I kind of duffed the first one and left it still 15 feet short. Oh well... great to be back!

Comedy moment of the day was on the 17th, there was a small-ish tree about 4 feet in front of my ball, I thought I could just mentally block it out and play to the left of it - I was wrong, absolutely smacked it right in the centre and the ball flew 30 yards behind me! I was lucky it didn't hit me in the shin! :LOL:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out for 13 holes, the missus insisted on coming for company despite being 7 months pregnant and sure enough found herself unable to walk all that much.

Golf wise I managed to par the first, despite a sally gunnel off the tee, and thought I was on for a decent round. Before I then I got a triple on the next hole which dashed any hopes of that haha.

Driving was good once I'd got that initial shot out the way again.

Irons were struck well but I'm obviously a bit out of sync with how much adjustments to make for lies etc.

Wedges were a mixed bag, some really nice pitches but then too many bladed and chucked ones in there as well. Chipping was decent.

Putting I'm not sure on yet as the greens are a shambles. They've were cored and dressed but then we got bad weather which meant that they haven't been ironed, so they're bobblier than an old wooly jumper.

Shot of the day was a 155 yard 7i out of the rough that I managed to put 2ft away from the pin... which I somehow managed to 2 putt.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got out for 13 holes, the missus insisted on coming for company despite being 7 months pregnant and sure enough found herself unable to walk all that much.

Golf wise I managed to par the first, despite a sally gunnel off the tee, and thought I was on for a decent round. Before I then I got a triple on the next hole which dashed any hopes of that haha.

Driving was good once I'd got that initial shot out the way again.

Irons were struck well but I'm obviously a bit out of sync with how much adjustments to make for lies etc.

Wedges were a mixed bag, some really nice pitches but then too many bladed and chucked ones in there as well. Chipping was decent.

Putting I'm not sure on yet as the greens are a shambles. They've were cored and dressed but then we got bad weather which meant that they haven't been ironed, so they're bobblier than an old wooly jumper.

Shot of the day was a 155 yard 7i out of the rough that I managed to put 2ft away from the pin... which I somehow managed to 2 putt.

That made me smile sums up a golfer all about the golf? how’s the misses after her walk?
Good luck with your baby ?

kandrew

Visit site
Out for 18 holes on my own this morning in preparation for Saturdays medal round. Driving was surprising good if a little shorter than normal, I guess I wasnt carrying any more than 200 yards. irons were average and a couple of 3 putss lead to being a couple over handicap which i would happily take in the Medal Round Saturday.

Course wasnt in too bad a shape, but i guess the greens were tined and sanded a couple of weeks ago as i was still picking up sand on my ball when putting. The rough was cut down quite low i guess to try and keep pace of play up.

Andrew

TigerTime

Visit site
Round in 87. Didn't feel like I played well at all, but hey it's another round under 90 and I got my first birdie this year, and probably my last birdie if we go into lockdown again :D

Scoring consistently mid to high 80's now. Progress has been made.

This was my last round until yesterday. So almost half a year off from playing or practicing. The cold winter weather really put me off from even going to the driving range. Which is crazy considering I'd just hit my two personal bests two days on the trot, I really should have kept it up at the driving range at the least even if I didn't fancy being out on the course in the cold but I couldn't even do that.

So as the temperature has slightly increased over the last few weeks I took up my membership for the year. I got an hour in at the driving range last week and it was predictably as bad as it could have been, everything I'd worked on at the lessons, everything I was learning and putting the time and effort into practicing had basically gone. I guess to be expected after a several month hiatus. I remember what I was supposed to practice from the lessons (grip, hip turn, swing plane, arms outward on follow through) but it felt like I was learning them all over again at the range. Shots at the range were all over the place - left, right, topped, shanks, slicing, hooks etc. I'd been working towards a high draw and whilst it wasn't always perfect I was getting there. I only have myself to blame for not keeping it going through winter. :(

I went into my first round of the year yesterday armed with my new membership tag and a fresh bit of motivation. Nice day however pretty windy. Course in pretty good condition however greens were bumpy and sanded and had those cut lines through them (sorry don't know the technical term). Stepped up to the first tee, with a group of 2 waiting behind me and proceeded to hit a raking low slice OOB. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the round. I played awful, even worse than what I was before I had the set of lessons. I didn't expect just to instantly pick it back up again and get back to how I was doing, but this was like I'd never played before. Putting was actually not bad all things considered especially with the greens being as they are but everything else was truly woeful. I had a look at my scorecard about halfway through and I was well on route to 100+. I stopped taking score at that point and just thought I'd play out the round and try hit some nice shots and enjoy being back out. The only highlight being a chip from behind a bunker hitting the flag and dropping stone dead for my only par of the day. The wind didn't necessarily help I was often playing into but it was just such a disappointing experience. I actually walked off after 16. I had another tee time booked for today but I cancelled it as I couldn't stomach the thought of heading back out there.

Only myself to blame at the end of the day.

Imurg

Visit site
A real game of, almost, 2 halves today....
Front 7 - have I actually ever played before? Horrendous, just unable to find a decent shot. 6 points
8th hole onwards - bang on handicap....decent shots, no real disasters....22 points
I am at a loss for words....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A real game of, almost, 2 halves today....
Front 7 - have I actually ever played before? Horrendous, just unable to find a decent shot. 6 points
8th hole onwards - bang on handicap....decent shots, no real disasters....22 points
I am at a loss for words....
too hot and sunny for you??

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Last round before I move to a new club.
I was planning on filming half a dozen holes to stick on YouTube showing how easy it was to play with vintage clubs, I can't remember when I was last so nervous!

The results were pitiful, apart from the third hole I filmed where I'd bunkered my third shot (par 4) and then holed out for a par.

Decided to call it quits after that and join up with the guy in front, but I couldn't get into the round and continued to play abysmally, perhaps a good thing really as I felt no regrets leaving the course, although leaving so many good friends behind will be a tug.