I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
got an invite for Tain yesterday, so decided to head there for a game yesterday as the weather was beautiful again.View attachment 35694
View from the tee down the Alps, with all the gorse and broom removed
View attachment 35695
6th
View attachment 35696
5th
View attachment 35698
2nd
not the quality of Davids work as its just my phone, but the course is shaping up well and the greens were very good, considering they havn't had green keepers for a whole year. even more Broom removed. it was nice to play off grass for the first time in almost 5 months
Loving the blonde rough (most of my pics I post here are taken with a phone too) - Interesting too as I'd imagined Tain golf course being right on the estuary but from these and Google maps they look a little inland?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Loving the blonde rough (most of my pics I post here are taken with a phone too) - Interesting too as I'd imagined Tain golf course being right on the estuary but from these and Google maps they look a little inland?
two holes are right on the waters edge (11 and 12) but a most are a bit inland, there's a tidal creek running through a bit of the course, !7,16,2. sort of wedged in, between farmlamd on what would be flood zone, if it were not for the rock defences

.https://2fore1.co.uk/system/deal_assets/photos/7099/standard/aerial-view-background.jpg?1501244066

davidy233

Tour Rookie

davidy233

Tour Rookie
yes, heres a fly over,

l

its not far fro the sea, prob closer that it looks
Some interesting holes there - my missus would no doubt hit a fence post with her low linksy runners where the road crosses the first.

They need to get flyover redone though - it's a good effort but drones have moved on since that was filmed - had to sway from side to side to keep it in focus while watching.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Played the front nine this afternoon, largely to try out my new (to me) Taylor Made SIM Max again, this time with the shaft from my SLDR in it - not loving it at all so far, so the SLDR will be back in the bag tomorrow when I'll have a card in my hand.

One good thing about tomorrow is that it's forecast to be calm - it was surprisingly blowy out there this afternoon.

Played pretty solidly for me, putting was much better than normal and never really got into any serious trouble - I'd take the same score on the front nine again tomorrow.

IMG_4848.jpg
4th green on the Ashludie from 5th tee - people on left of pic are on 10th tee of the Medal.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Lovely out there this morning but there was a hint of frost for the first couple of holes, blue skies and not a breath of wind.

Turned up five minute before our tee time to be greeted by two old guys who'd just teed off "What time are you out" they said - I said "In five minutes" and it was evident that they were scheduled behind us and had decided to go early with nobody waiting their turn - One of them said in a grumpy manner "You're supposed to be here in plenty of time" - I pointed out politely that there was a pandemic, current advice is not to hang around the first tee and on that basis I thought I was plenty early - he wasn't best pleased.

Course is looking good and greens are quite quick for the time of year.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lovely out there this morning but there was a hint of frost for the first couple of holes, blue skies and not a breath of wind.

Turned up five minute before our tee time to be greeted by two old guys who'd just teed off "What time are you out" they said - I said "In five minutes" and it was evident that they were scheduled behind us and had decided to go early with nobody waiting their turn - One of them said in a grumpy manner "You're supposed to be here in plenty of time" - I pointed out politely that there was a pandemic, current advice is not to hang around the first tee and on that basis I thought I was plenty early - he wasn't best pleased.

Course is looking good and greens are quite quick for the time of year.
Imagine being 5 minutes early for your tee time and still getting moaned at. :LOL: Some people.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Nice leisurely stroll around this morning in lovely sunshine, but it was very windy. Started really well but didn't really strike the ball that great after the first four holes, but managed to scramble an OK score to put in as my third card for handicap - all three in the 80s, so they won't be giving me anything impressive.

That will be me for the week I'd think.

IMG_4853.jpg
Approach to the first at 7.45am this morning.

IMG_4854.jpg
Very happy with getting up and down for a par here at the 18th - that bank is steep.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Who will be the first Englishman/woman (by postcode not nationality - not after that debate) to post in here in 7 days time.... thats the question!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site