I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Windy with some rain yesterday so only resulted in 29 points for 17 holes still enjoyed being out.

More pleasing is the fact that I have played the last 4 rounds without losing a ball, leading the winter competition by 7 points.

I'm not surprised if you're only playing 17 holes. ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played first thing yesterday morning at Inverness, first time since September.
Started slowly but pulled it back and played some excellent stuff, short game was super, it’s probably the one thing that has kept me coming back ??
Was off mats still but the course needs it still, it hasn’t recovered from winter yet.
We don’t know we are living when we play at Fortrose.
all the holes open now? had to pop in a get a new wheel for my PowerCaddy of Mel the other week and there were only 6 holes open.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Very nice out there this morning and it's warm now - going to be a lovely day.

Very much a mixed bag, hit the ball decently, birdied the ninth for fourth time this year - but there were loads of mistakes/poor decisions, struggled to hit putts hard enough which was in my head rather than the greens (which were fine) - anyway that's my second card for handicap done.

Course was quiet, don't know if a group hadn't turned up but it felt like ten minute gaps between groups rather the actual six minutes.

IMG_4802.jpg
Short of the 7th green on the Ashludie - I managed to bump and run this into the bunker - one of a few bad decisions today.

IMG_4805.jpg
10th green, Ashludie Links

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Very nice out there this morning and it's warm now - going to be a lovely day.

Very much a mixed bag, hit the ball decently, birdied the ninth for fourth time this year - but there were loads of mistakes/poor decisions, struggled to hit putts hard enough which was in my head rather than the greens (which were fine) - anyway that's my second card for handicap done.

Course was quiet, don't know if a group hadn't turned up but it felt like ten minute gaps between groups rather the actual six minutes.

View attachment 35611
Short of the 7th green on the Ashludie - I managed to bump and run this into the bunker - one of a few bad decisions today.

View attachment 35612
10th green, Ashludie Links

Nasty little position you found yourself in there! Glory shot or bunker was really the only play! Hope you enjoyed the golf, 14 days to go for us down south!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
lovely out there today, hit the ball well, but we got beat, one of the other guys had 5 gross birdies off 17 so giving away 12 shots, his handicap had gone up by 3 with WHS.:sick:

the doc and i both played OK and we two up at one point, I had 5 birdies as well, but the icing on the cake for them was a hole in one on the 4th that started there fightback. every hole was won with a birdie at least.

tried something new and stood i a little closer to the ball with driver, which worked and hit a couple of good ones into the wind

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lost £1 yesterday and hoped to win it back today. 4 points in front with 2 holes to play, what could possibly go wrong? Well two snap hooks and only one further point compared to my mates two pars and 6 point total meant it was another loss. It's never over until you cross that line.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Went for a hit with the new driver - Mmm, needs some work, nothing really bad but not really any better than what I already have. Lovely night and as I was last out took my time and hit a few different shots, got eleven holes in before it got too dark - enjoyed it.

IMG_4818.jpg
Approach to 5th green, Ashludie LInks

IMG_4819.jpg
5th green with a bunker which has seen remarkably little action today

IMG_4820.jpg
Nice sunset from the 10th green, Ashludie Links

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a game at the Kings yesterday afternoon, fantastic day, bright sunshine, first game in shorts this year, course was full of guys in shirt sleeves and shorts.

might even have to think about cutting my grass if this keeps up

D

Deleted member 3432

had a game at the Kings yesterday afternoon, fantastic day, bright sunshine, first game in shorts this year, course was full of guys in shirt sleeves and shorts.

might even have to think about cutting my grass if this keeps up

Costa del Inverness :cool:

My grass is a long way off needing cut when I can find it amongst the moss...:ROFLMAO:

Had it perfect during the summer but 6 months of rain and no sun has been great for the moss to get established again :mad:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Costa del Inverness :cool:

My grass is a long way off needing cut when I can find it amongst the moss...:ROFLMAO:

Had it perfect during the summer but 6 months of rain and no sun has been great for the moss to get established again :mad:

its quite nice again this morning, though the forecaste was for showers.

I know what you mean by the moss though, i've done mine a few times now, Hollow tines Scarify, reseed , winter just undoes it all. slap bang in the middle is all moss around the edges on front and back ones quite a bit of grass still. Even stopped using the Cylinder mower as theres so much moss now

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't cut the grass short, that encourages the moss.
Mow the long, but leave it fairly long.
You get nicer stripes and it also allows the long grass to block the sunlight from getting to the moss.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
got an invite for Tain yesterday, so decided to head there for a game yesterday as the weather was beautiful again.Tain1.jpg
View from the tee down the Alps, with all the gorse and broom removed
Tain2.jpg
6th
Tain3.jpg
5th
Tain4.jpg
2nd
not the quality of Davids work as its just my phone, but the course is shaping up well and the greens were very good, considering they havn't had green keepers for a whole year. even more Broom removed. it was nice to play off grass for the first time in almost 5 months

Attachments

• Tain4.jpg
    Tain4.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 2