I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Lovely morning but pretty windy here - enough breeze that they'd definitely stop playing on the PGA tour - which had a benefit in that as my tee shot at the 10th was in the air I thought 'That's going to be an eagle putt' - sadly it landed in an area which had been flooded last week - that took the forward momentum off it and it stopped five yards short of the green. Fine walk to start the day - chilling out now before the two year old arrives for an afternoon of mayhem.

IMG_4639.jpg
Short 100 yard 3rd on Ashludie Links, photographed from the mound which blocks your view of the high side of the green from the tee - tricky with a 35mph following wind - my ball is just off the back.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lovely morning but pretty windy here - enough breeze that they'd definitely stop playing on the PGA tour - which had a benefit in that as my tee shot at the 10th was in the air I thought 'That's going to be an eagle putt' - sadly it landed in an area which had been flooded last week - that took the forward momentum off it and it stopped five yards short of the green. Fine walk to start the day - chilling out now before the two year old arrives for an afternoon of mayhem.

View attachment 35275
Short 100 yard 3rd on Ashludie Links, photographed from the mound which blocks your view of the high side of the green from the tee - tricky with a 35mph following wind - my ball is just off the back.
can't you go and play the Championship course for a change?:LOL: i'd like to see some photo's of that(y)

its windy here today, but in saying that its windy more often than not on a links course, playing at 11.30 today

davidy233

Tour Rookie
can't you go and play the Championship course for a change?:LOL: i'd like to see some photo's of that(y)

its windy here today, but in saying that its windy more often than not on a links course, playing at 11.30 today
April 1st my season ticket for the Medal becomes active, may have a wander with a camera before that - yep it's windy here most of the time but t'was particularly blowy for a sunny day this morning.

D

Deleted member 21258

Could we rename the thread :-

I played today and dont live in England or Wales.... :whistle:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Absolutely beautiful day here today - weather app says 10mph winds but I doubt it's anything like that, barely felt any breeze and it's going to be a day of glorious sunshine - Off at 7.48 and didn't see anyone in front of us all the way, millionaires golf - back to back birdies at 9 and 10 and hit the ball pretty well from the start - enjoyed that - hopefully more of the same on Sunday morning.

In other news; Had a message this morning telling me that my new Nike 270G shoes arrive today, so may try them out at the weekend, but what is it with courier companies delivering stuff days before the scheduled date (I'm looking at you DPD) - these are due to arrive Monday.

IMG_4652.jpg

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Fortrose this morning, round in just over 2 hours.
Started off slowly then hit a cracking 3 wood, my second shot into the par 5, 4th, just short of the green.
My confidence grew from there and played brilliant stuff after that, driving was super and short game was excellent, felt like a real golfer ??
Putting was a bit hit or miss which was all down to me as the greens are superb.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Fortrose this morning, round in just over 2 hours.
Started off slowly then hit a cracking 3 wood, my second shot into the par 5, 4th, just short of the green.
My confidence grew from there and played brilliant stuff after that, driving was super and short game was excellent, felt like a real golfer ??
Putting was a bit hit or miss which was all down to me as the greens are superb.

You have my condolences. ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bugger, wrong picture. :mad:

Is this any better?
iu

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
what a day, even down to shirtsleeves by the 12th, even slow dave was cursing the fact he hadn't worn his shorts, not me throught the sun beating of the pale milk bottles would have been off putting. only a one maybe 2 club wind as well. onlt down side was we caught up to ladies on the 4th who we then had to wait on every shot, but still round in under 3 and half. had my firts flyer with the JPX, hitting and 8 fron the 2nd cut on the 9th, 148 to the flag but was looking on a 140 shot with the wind as there is a downslope front to back. Flew the green by some 20 yards onto Cawdors land OOB.
a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpg

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Didn't get out for a hit today as I had to go to the other side of Scotland to photograph a football match - It was beautiful sunshine as I left Monifieth and I believe it was sunny all day - It dulled down as I traversed the central belt but it was still warm when i arrived on the banks of the Clyde - decent wee trip and - early start with 7am tee time tomorrow - I'm second tee time out - hopefully the 6.54am boys don't take any more than 4 and half hours.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Lovely little walk around eleven holes this morning - Medal is back to full course and the Ashludie will be by next weekend.

Gorgeous morning and course was busy, birdied the 9th for second round in a row to be out in 38 - missed a four foot putt for birdie at 18th - not sure whether to be annoyed about the miss or pleased with the approach which was one of those ones you know is close the moment you hit it.

Not sure if we are allowed to use the putting green apart from pre-round but will need to find out - weakest part of my game for last year, and practicing on a carpet hasn't helped.

In general though - happy, a privilege to be out there.

IMG_4672 2.jpg
4th green Ashludie Links with 15th green of Medal behind

IMG_4674.jpg
5th green Ashludie Links
IMG_4675 2.jpg
6th green Ashludie Links