I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Hey Patrick a question if you don’t mind, I see that there is a senior open at Royal Dornoch in July for only £40 do you think that will be on the main course.
A google search suggests it was scheduled to be on the Championship course last year so I'd guess so.

You've got me trawling through Golf Empire now

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Went out at 10 for 10 this morning, first drive was hooked straight into the bushes, thinned my third and managed to escape the 1st with a double bogey 6.
At this point I'm thinking I better phone Martin to get a lesson!!
After that though, played superb, driving was excellent and my 3 wood was on fire, 5 pars and 4 bogeys, unreal for me to play as well as that, although 2 holes were winter greens still.

Have definitely got the buzz back to be out playing again.
Back out tomorrow at Fortrose.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went out at 10 for 10 this morning, first drive was hooked straight into the bushes, thinned my third and managed to escape the 1st with a double bogey 6.
At this point I'm thinking I better phone Martin to get a lesson!!
After that though, played superb, driving was excellent and my 3 wood was on fire, 5 pars and 4 bogeys, unreal for me to play as well as that, although 2 holes were winter greens still.

Have definitely got the buzz back to be out playing again.
Back out tomorrow at Fortrose.
Breezy out there today, had a game at the Kings, hope its not as windy as today for you out at Fortrose tomorrow

AliMc

Visit site
First proper game on almost full length course off white tees at Dunbar, mats off now too. Warm but blowing a hooley, won 4 ball match 3 & 1, 32 points (despite only scoring 3 points on the last 4 holes) currently leading 12 man sweep with 4 still to finish
Finished 2nd to winner with 34 points, £7 + £4 for 4 ball match better than nothing !

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that wind was something else today, no respite for 18 holes, normally you get a bit of shelter on one side off the course, but not today.
Never played my best stuff either, driving was really good again, giving myself chances to get onto greens in two, but my iron shots are dire.
Really struggled with chipping off the tight lies at Fortrose, normally a strength off mine but just couldn’t seem to commit to the shot.
Course is back to full length now as well.
Definitely going in the right direction but still a lot of work to do.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Game at Nairn this morning, back on the full course, no mats, appart from on a couple of holes the landing area is being protected for the Am in June.

i was a shock to the system TBH, we've been well forward on the front 9, most holes on there have been a 3 wood and a flick, today it was driver and 7 iron at best, on 3 and 5.

drove the ball OK, but i seem to have lost the ability to hit and iron prop. Playing Castle Stuart tomorrow, so will have to get there early and have some time on the range.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
18 holes played, first shot was a decent 5 iron to the fairway, second shot short and then a thinned pitch and a diffed chip, treble bogey, the short game's still there!

Luckily we were playing a friendly 4BBB so individual scores weren't kept. :whistle:
(Didn't lose a ball! :D)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played 18 holes this morning.

First tee shot with a 19° rescue club, nutted it left of centre with draw and landed dead centre of the fairway. Greens were very very slow and duffed the odd chip but finished with 32 points and barely able to walk the last 2 holes

Paid my subs and looking forward to Wednesday afternoons knock

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Beautiful warm afternoon so going to knock off a bit early and head to the course - join a mate who's got a 5.04 tee time by himself - we should get a round in.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Warmish and very windy out there today. Course was empty when we teed off at 3pm. Largely pleased with how I handled the wind in general but there were approaches downwind (40mph plus) where it was impossible to stop it on the green. Need to do something with my putting, though that wasn't helped by some straightish putts breaking three or four feet because of the wind.

IMG_4888.jpg