I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played nine holes .
Carried my bag just 8 clubs.
I am knackered my fitness seems to be in question.
My golf has been great except the shortish ones ,
First major Saturday,looking forward to that.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
It was a roller coaster of a day yesterday, par par start and then completely messed up the tee shot on 3 resulting in a blob. Steady for the next 3 holes and then topped a drive on 7. I never top drives. Wow. Steady golf with some good some average all the way to par 3 15 where I hit a 125yd PW to 8 feet. Missed the birdie. Birdied the par 5 16th despite not finding the fairway off the tee, hacked out short and put a 115 yd PW to 3 feet and hiked the putt. Topped another drive on 17 - damn! 33 points 36 putts with some very poor and very good golf in between.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yesterday I was dreadful for the first 7 holes.
Managed 6 points.
Same holes today, with a stronger wind...managed 17....parred the first 5.
Stupid game.
We came off after 16 as my mate's back was starting to go and I'd got 36 points by then.
Very pleased, especially the putting.
I reckon I sunk over 100 feet of putts in 15 holes as I pitched in from 25 yards on one hole.
Happy days are here again.....even though the wind was bloody cold.

D

Deleted member 3432

Tuesday a 3 club wind from the south west, prevailing wind.

Today a 3 club wind from the north east, the back 9 was brutal as it always is in this direction and jacket worn all the way round because it was cold, cold, cold.

Had to laugh on 16, flew the green on tuesday with an 8 iron, 10 yards short today with 3 hybrid. Was experimenting with the hybrid, 2 iron is going back in the bag next week to benefit from the lower flight.

Some good, some bad and some topped tee shots again. Early days, nice to be out but back at work tomorrow for 4 12 hour shifts so next week now.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First game since lockdown.
Shorts and polo shirt, awesome.
I was a bit scabby around the greens but, today at least, I was a driving God!
Best driving day I can remember in the last ten years.
BOOOOOOM!!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got back after 12 holes.
Short game was rough, so spent some time just getting some feel on the chipping- bit of fluffing going on.
Putter was too light for the greens which I found to be in a disappointing condition given the amount of bragging about how much work has been done. The work that was visible was okay, but a chainsaw can get rid of most stuff in a week. They are still cutting the grass around the undulations too low and exposing the mud (?‍♂️).
Driver and shaft combination worked a treat.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out tonight to try to sort out my (newish) hybrid and don't want to tempt fate but that went well.

Played the front nine on the 'Ludie then cut across and played the back nine on the Medal course which was much less busy - by the time I got on the Medal I was hitting the ball OK and discovered that I have a sneaky long low running draw I can play with the hybrid at times (hesitate to say on demand at this early stage) which will be handy if I can keep it in the arsenal.

patricks148 requested some pics of the Medal earlier in the year and now that my season ticket covers both courses here are some for him.

IMG_4892.jpg
Walking off the 16th tee on Monifieth Medal course

IMG_4894.jpg
16th green: Monifieth Medal course - got up and down from the bunker on the far left

IMG_4899.jpg
17th green: Monifieth Medal course - from the 18th tee

IMG_4906.jpg
18th green: Monifieth Medal course

Played the first couple when I'd played #18
IMG_4903.jpg
Nice sky from behind 1st green of Monifieth Medal course

IMG_4904.jpg
And an even nicer sky from the 2nd green

Course is in very decent condition, I enjoyed being out there, sunny and calm but there was a bit of chill in the air still - Out on the Ashludie early on Saturday, when weather is forecast to be exactly the same as tonight, and after tonight I'll see if I can get a full 18 in on the Medal one evening next week.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
First comp of the season today and what disaster, missed 18inch putt on 2nd then topped into ditch from perfect position on 3rd. Then to rub salt into the wound, I went over my ankle. Only scored on 9 holes but did manage 18 on those, so a little positive to take

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First comp of the season today and what disaster, missed 18inch putt on 2nd then topped into ditch from perfect position on 3rd. Then to rub salt into the womb, I went over my ankle. Only scored on 9 holes but did manage 18 on those, so a little positive to take
Err that's not the expression ?

Eagle2

Visit site
Had a lesson on Tuesday and spent time on the practise areas yesterday bedding in the changes. Worked great then and I was really looking forward to an opportunity to take in on the course today... the inevitable happened and I could barely put two shots together for 4 holes. Much better after that when I almost exaggerated the swing changes to the point I felt I was massively overdoing it, real versus feel and all that!
Once again I loved being out there and topped off with a couple of birdies. This was the first of 5 days in a row... can’t wait until the morning!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A real round of two halves this morning. Started birdie, par but then ended up 13 over at the turn - mainly thanks to a 10 on the third ?.

Back 9 I managed to get round 4 over, helped by another birdie. Very happy with that given my current level!

Had a lesson last night and tried to implement the changes. They went well on the driver but I found the changes made with my irons may take a bit longer to bed in as I found myself chunking shots.

Chipping and pitching was as good as its ever been for me and my putting was decent, holing 3 10footers.

Love this sport!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First time back on the course and also feeling not to bad after months of back trouble.

Worked out how to hit a fade again with the driver. I'll be a happy man if I can see the ball going left to right this year. Spent far too much time last year hitting snap hooks and playing from the left rough.

A feeling of steepening the shaft on the downswing done the trick.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played with my usual 4 ball at nairn this morning, it was colf first thing. didn't hit it well at all, bit of a bogey fest TBH, though i did manage to birdie SI1 thrirteenth with a 30 ft putt and 16th with almost as far putt as well . ball seemed to go nowhere. glad i decided not to go to Tain for the open tomorrow

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Second outing with the seniors. Played very very well. Ended us in almost leader board tussle with one of my playing partners. He on 22 points and me 18 at the turn. We finished him on 39 and me on 40. I was pipped to first place (on count back). Hey ho. Nowt at stake. Nice little pick up on the money and got a two. So it's set me up for the season. Great start.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played my last round at Ullesthorpe on Wednesday 31st.
Played poorly and didn't really enjoy it, which was a good thing as it confirms what I've felt for a while and I'll have no regrets leaving the course, just the members I'll be missing. :(