I guess this makes me a bandit now

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On New Year's Eve 2014, I said to myself that my New Year's Resolution would be to play golf well enough to shoot a round in the 70's. After leaving my club in September, I had resigned myself to not achieving that goal, since I wasn't playing golf enough to get on a run of good scores or simply practice enough.

In the last month or two, I'd got back into it with practice and a regular round each weekend. I played quite well at the Camberley Heath Winter Stableford day with some good gents from the forum. However, I still had the big 79 or better challenge to meet, with the days rapidly running out.

I'd had some good results over the summer, the closest being a round of 80 on a par 71 course after 4 weeks not playing golf. I thought that might be the closest I got.

Anyway, New Year's Eve 2015, I popped out with my brother in law for a round at a course I'd not played before near him. Par 70, but one par 5 was down to a par 4 so really a 69. I knocked it round in a PB of 76.

2 birdies on the first 9, and a steady run of pars through 7 of the back 9.

I'm stoked, especially to do it on the final round of the year.

I think I need to get a membership again!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
well done mate, confirms the thought that I had when we played together that you wouldn't be too long before you got your handicap down.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done! A mental barrier removed. Next time you're coming down the stretch looking on for a 76 you won't panic, that's a huge thing to have in your armoury.

:fore:

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd be happy with an 80 or even a 90, the last time I attempted to put a card in it all went 'orribly wrong' and I came in with a 106 so needless to say I didn't bother submitting the card !...

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why a new handicap?

I seem to remember you already have an existing handicap?

Because if I shoot a score like that my handicap will be new... about 5 shots lower! To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to shoot that low every round, but certainly a few shots off come competition season is on "the cards" (if you'll excuse my pun).

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Because if I shoot a score like that my handicap will be new... about 5 shots lower! To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to shoot that low every round, but certainly a few shots off come competition season is on "the cards" (if you'll excuse my pun).

That's what we like to hear - positive thinking.