Stand bags you can use well on a powwakaddy

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all, not been on the site for ages, hope you’re all keeping well.
I currently run two bags, one sun Mountain elite h2no cart I use on the trolly and one Sun Mountain h2no carry for 9 holes and winter.
I do like both bags, however, I am looking at moving to one bag for all year round, the elite holds loads, but weighs a tonne when I’m heading to the range etc, the carry is 14 way top, but I’ve had it for about 6 years, so fancy a new one.

Plan is to run one carry bag all years, needs to light, but have ok storage, and fit a trolly for summer, any recommendations please.

Thanks
JT

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can strongly recommend the motocaddy aquaflex hybrid.

1- shorter stand legs so they don’t catch on the bottom part of the trolley frame.

2) more waterproof and better made than any h2no / stadry I’ve owned.

3) removable straps so you get the full cart bag experience

4) the base and top shape are slightly squarer and sit better in the trolley u cups

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks OS
What’s the weight like when carrying?

I carried today just because I couldn’t be faffed with the trolley. It’s on par with my last sta dry stand bag, maybe slightly lighter. The split base makes the stand more stable but i forgot about a couple of negatives.

1) the cooler pocket could do with being a touch bigger but I don’t know if this was improved on newer models as I think mine is a 2018/19 model.

2) it can get a little warm inside if you carry fruit or any food as all of the options I have seen are dark grey based colour scheme, the pro here is that they show no mud stains etc.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Also take a look at big max range of stand bags. The base is a solid structure instead of the usual 'foot' type, and so sits perfectly on a trolly.
Pretty light and some are fully waterproof.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Motocaddy Hydroflex bag is perfect. It's a hybrid bag for all year round, just as you require. It's waterproof, good enough pocket space for me, it has five dividers which I've come to believe is the ideal amount. It sits on my trolley nicely. Cannot fault it at all.

ThinBullet

Visit site
Titleist Premium StaDry (Jetblack) stand bag worked alright on my CT6. Just enough lip edge at the top to keep it in place. Looked daft as hell though, but worked. It's a light bag too, so around 12kg full of clubs. I needed more pockets to carry bad weather gear or i'd still have it.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks all, plenty to consider.
Good to know that a couple sit on PKs too as that’s a concern for me.
I’ve never used a motocaddy bag, I have had a stadry in the past that I did like a lot. I’m heading to the club today to nip out for 9 after work so will see what the pro can order as I have money in my account and go from there.
Many thanks