Any difference between mens / ladies golf bags? Can get a good deal on a ladies one..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just look at the pockets sometimes there is a difference between the two.There should be no difference in the depth of the club pockets not all ladies are shorter than men and a not all men are taller than ladies.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t see it would make that much difference.
Ladies shafts overall might be a bit shorter on average , but must be taller ladies who have longer shafts.
Only difference in the past seems to be the colour scheme.
If you can see one somewhere check your headcover socks reach the top ring of the bag , apart from that they should be the same.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought ladies bags were marginally shorter than mens just because the shafts correspond. It would appear my daughters and wifes bags are shorter than mine. All are SM.
Same quality, just shorter and different colour options.:)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've seen women attach their handbags to their trolley / bag while playing. Don't really understand why, but made me giggle.

Mrs Wedge does exactly that.... and I don't understand it either??

Have just asked why, apparently to do with their need to be organised, easier to see and find a pass/ wallet/ phone/ Candy etc in the smaller bag, not so easy if it's all fallen to the bottom of the golf bag. And she's got a cute little bag she likes, so what's the problem?....... she says ??

AdamW

Visit site
Was too slow on this but thanks for everyone's input, will be faster next time with purchasing a ladies golf bag (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping have a different logo for their ladies' stuff for some reason - it's in lower case whereas their normal logo is upper case. That appears to be the only difference here, although I couldn't tell you if it's shorter in length or not.

BobbyLuashy

Visit site
The primary differences seemed to come down to three key things: The bags tended to be more stylish and have greater personality. The pockets of the bags were tailored to more specialized uses. Women's golf stand bags were shorter than men's golf carry bags to provide a better fit for the shorter length of women's.