Good hybrid bag

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi folks
Currently run two bags, one for winter, h2no carry with 14 way top and an h2no elite cart bag for summer as have a powwakaddy, our place has ropes out over winter and asks that electric trolleys are used by people with medical exemptions only so I like to carry.
I enjoy the carry bag especially for the range, the cart bag is large and a pain for mid week and popping out for 9 and I’m too lazy to change up all the time, plus the wife gives off about too many bags, the weeman has his sticks sitting too!!
So…. I am looking at replacing both bags with one I can use all year round, has to be light enough to use as a carry but have enough space to load when using a trolley.
Also, must be waterproof, rain is pretty common here in NI!!Any suggestions?
Thanks

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Big Max. I have one of these. A few other guys do too on the forum. Great bag, easy carry, great on a trolley.

The Dri-lite is 'water resistant' although they also do a 'waterproof'. Honestly, if it's wet enough to find the difference between the 2, I wouldn't be out. So couldn't give you a good enough review of it in the wet!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big Max. I have one of these. A few other guys do too on the forum. Great bag, easy carry, great on a trolley.

The Dri-lite is 'water resistant' although they also do a 'waterproof'. Honestly, if it's wet enough to find the difference between the 2, I wouldn't be out. So couldn't give you a good enough review of it in the wet!

Yes I have one of these, brilliant bag.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hybrid bags are great, I've had one since September and wonder why I ever had two separate bags beforehand. Unfortunately the bag I went for, a MacGregor one, is already starting to look a bit tatty at the edges so I wouldn't recommend. I may have to upgrade to the Big Max one myself. :sneaky:

mister v

Visit site
Another vote for the big max aqua, really good in the heavy rain, but as others have said the long side pockets are a bit small. still worth buying

gopher99

Visit site
I just bought a Titliest players 4 plus stadry stand bag, its light enough to carry all year round and also reduces the amount of unnecessary stuff I carry around. If you want to put it on a trolley or cart the straps are removable.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a really useful thread. My old Nike carry bag has just given up the ghost. It's had a good innings, must be about 10 years old, but the mechanism for the stand has broken.

Looks like a Big Max Hybrid is exactly what I'm after given I generally take a trolley out these days.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went through the same search and ended up with the hybrid as it’s the only one I found with leg placement in the right place to sit and strap on trolley properly.
it had been good but have a few small niggles.. stand mechanism doesnot open as much now as id like. The front zip on the larger pocket sits on the wrong side for a right handed while carrying, so if I want it part open it can allow some items to work their way out while walking. Good bag though.