"I could never do that again!" Million to one shots.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Over the weekend me, my wife and our three kids took the dog for a walk to the local park. We took a ball and ball thrower for the dog and I was wowing my kids with how far I could wang the ball. Dog was having a whale of a time.

Anyway at one point I launched the ball to the other side of the park and the dog lost sight of it. So I had the long walk to find it myself, the dog following me. Picked it up and the dog was looking at me expectantly, so thought I'd wang it back towards where the wife and kids were. They were chatting to another dog walker, not watching me. I was a good 60 metres away from them, so my brief health and safety analysis told me the chances of hitting anyone were slim. And I launched it.

Up and away it goes. I'm watching it and thinking "Oh crikey, it's heading straight for them". Heart in my mouth as it reaches the peak of its trajectory and starts to come down. Straight towards my 8 year old daughter, who is standing side on to me and not watching the ball. "It's ok," I think to myself, "It's not going to get that far." So I don't shout a warning.

And down it comes. And plops straight into the hood of her coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cue much hilarity from all of us, my daughter included, who looked around bewildered thinking a dog had jumped up at her!

I could literally stand there and throw ball after ball for the rest of my life and never repeat that!!!!!! I'd trade it for a hole in one on the course though!

So come on....what "million to one" shots have you made?! (I'm guessing there'll be a few golf related ones!)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I once hit a tee shot and lost the tee (as you often do) to find as I walked down the fairway that it had spun up and lodged itself in my right trouser pocket.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember back at school (long time ago evidently) I was sat at the front left desk of the class and one of my mates was at the far back right desk. It's possible we were separated intentionally to avoid disruption... but anyway, I turned round a chucked a pen at him, he closed his eyes as he thought it was going for his face, but it landed in his shirt pocket. Couldn't do that again if I tried.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
At my first club I was playing one afternoon.
It was after I'd been made redundant so I was solo.
Into the sun on a par 5 I drove off and simply didn't see the ball at all
No idea
So I put another down and hit again
Just about caught the flight this time and set off looking all around for the first one.
Saw a ball off to the left a little and as I got closer it seemed to get bigger than normal.
It was both balls and the were touching...approx 240/250 off the tee and they were touching...never again.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing with my uncle and one of his former assistants. Circa 1967
The FA had a brand new Shakespeare fibre glass shaft wedge.
My uncle asked to play a 60 yard pitch with it to see what it was like and he holed the shot.
The FA then said BYCDTA
The second shot looked like going in, hit the pin and stopped an inch short.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I find it strange how anyone wins the big lottery jackpot, but someone eventually does.
Couple of days ago I holed my approach shot for an eagle. Rest of my round was rubbish.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The 10th hole at our course. Not a long par 4 but has two bunkers at the front and around it as protection.
I was playing on my own one day and hit what felt like a great drive but lost sight of it due to a low sun. So I thought I'd hit another. Walking up the fairway, couldn't see either anywhere. I got on the green and both balls had made it. I've never drove that green before or since.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Couple of years back out by myself one warm sunny summer evening playing two balls - fairways firm and ball running on. On a par 5 hit two stonking drives. First ball hit equally stonking 5i to just short left of raised green. Hit second ball - again - stonking 5i this time on green to 12ft. Chipped/fluked first ball in for an eagle. Holed putt with second ball for eagle. Two balls - two eagles. Never again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The 10th hole at our course. Not a long par 4 but has two bunkers at the front and around it as protection.
I was playing on my own one day and hit what felt like a great drive but lost sight of it due to a low sun. So I thought I'd hit another. Walking up the fairway, couldn't see either anywhere. I got on the green and both balls had made it. I've never drove that green before or since.
I never once got a tee shot onto that green. Is the metal mug for the spring on the slope to the right still there?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A PP was about 40 yds from the green. I was on the green so put me stand bag about 10 yds to the left of the pin. he played his shot went straight up and dropped into the mesh bottle holder in the side of my bag. I was wetting myself laughing. He was livid coz he thought it was a one shot penalty. After a discussion I assured him there was no penalty and gave him a free drop. He asked if I could carry the bag a couple of years on the green for his drop. ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing Buxton hit my tee shot under a bush.
Goes to play the shot but my face was close to the branches.
Played the shot , thought I was having a stroke or something as my eyesight went all funny.
The branches had lifted my glasses off without me realising ,they were stuck in the bush.
Panic mode.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
When we were kids, we’d play cricket over the local field. About 8 of us. So we’d all take it in turns to bowl n field and winner would be one with most runs by end of evening. We always capped it at facing each other twice before next person getting to bat. We only had 4 stumps.

Anyways. I was bowling, best mate hit it over my head. I ran after it and got to ball and threw it back towards the solitary stump. Hit it plumb as he run himself out. Got to dine on it for a week until my best mate did exactly the same thing to me the following weekend.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was playing darts in a country pub one night and was totally rat-arsed. A daddy long-legs flew across the board and I threw a dart at it. And I pinned it to the board by one of its legs. Beat that Bully!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was playing darts in a country pub one night and was totally rat-arsed. A daddy long-legs flew across the board and I threw a dart at it. And I pinned it to the board by one of its legs. Beat that Bully!
I remember back in school in the sixth form common room, someone was playing darts, put the first one in the board, then threw the second which lodged directly in the end of the first dart. So you had two darts end to end. Sadly he didn't manage to get the third one stuck in the end of the second one, ha. I've no idea what the correct darts ruling is, technically the second dart isn't in the board I suppose? Or does it get the same points as the first dart by extension? :LOL: