Dog attacks

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not even safe in your own home.

If the planet suffers catastrophe, which will survive the longest - dogs or cats?
Many people hate cats, yet probably the best survival machine among all mammals.
Never been bitten, yet...

It used to be a cat eats dog world.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went out for a 5km jog/walk this morning, just the 8 or so stray dogs to be negotiated. I’m very conscious that just one ‘nip’ might mean no golf for a month and I’m not prepared to accept that trade off, so I’ll continue to carry a stick

Fortunately they were pretty placid today I didn't bother them and vice versa (yesterday one barking bag of trouble had to be dissuaded/stood up to, before it backed off from its run at us)

Swango1980

Visit site
Went out for a 5km jog/walk this morning, just the 8 or so stray dogs to be negotiated. I’m very conscious that just one ‘nip’ might mean no golf for a month and I’m not prepared to accept that trade off, so I’ll continue to carry a stick

Fortunately they were pretty placid today I didn't bother them and vice versa (yesterday one barking bag of trouble had to be dissuaded/stood up to, before it backed off from its run at us)
Stray dogs? Where do you live. I can honestly say I've never seen a stray dog in the UK, although I know it is common elsewhere in the world.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Stray dogs? Where do you live. I can honestly say I've never seen a stray dog in the UK, although I know it is common elsewhere in the world.

Yeah I’m not in UK, plenty of them in Mauritius. We’ve strays, wild dogs, property dogs and lastly (& in the minority) are pet dogs (as you would use the word in UK)

Tourists often refer to a section of the strays as 'beach' dogs but that just makes them sound like some sort of attraction/feature, when in fact they're stray X wild and while most are used to humans & bothering them for food etc they easily turn aggressive/noisy if you're the first human they've seen that day

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm straying away.

I’ve never seen/heard anything to hint that still happens. The opposite in fact, and there are a great many strays with the generic bone shaped collar tag to show they’ve been off for the snip or whatever and brought back to their territory's but i guess until they can get all the wilder strays that live away from the tourist beaches it just takes two to tango and 6 puppies later....

Sometimes i'd like there to be a totally humane way to cull the unowned dog population, 8yrs on from the article and the population appears to be increasing

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My wee dog gets off the lead in certain places we know he is safe. Anyone else about, that we don't know, he is straight back on the lead, he waits when told. Nothing worse than a random dog jumping up on you.
I wish there were more dog owners like you…an unfortunate too many are very self-righteous about their dogs and what they should be allowed to let them do. And sod the feelings, worries and concerns of others.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

There should be no stay dogs anymore. Report all sighting to your local council.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
XL Bullies added to the banned dogs list - about time too!

It's more about the owners than the dogs, but it needed doing.
My niece is a volunteer at a dog rescue centre.

No prizes on offer for guessing which type of dogs they have been having dropped off there recently.. :(