I bought today.....

Skytot

Visit site
Mizuno pro225 irons off eBay
It’s been a few months now since you bought them , are you happy with them ? I’m thinking of going to Mizuno in Birkdale for a fitting . Do you think they are suitable for a 12 to 14 handicap player ?

Smoj

Visit site
a Cleveland Classic 1.5 Putter, and a cheap stroke lap putter headcover for it
and some Pro Stingers and some chequered nike golf trousers, which need to be turned up.
some FJ rain gloves &
40 refurbished titleist balls

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
New wheels.

It should be a joyous occasion. However, and this should probably go in random irritations. Having worn the same size skates forever and ordered the size I was measured at, these are half a size too small and no one has these in the half size up. Grrrr

2-B2-CCE0-D-C4-B7-42-B7-A946-E24-EDA4-BF6-DD.jpg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A putting lesson following my 44 putts on my last round
Putting can get to technical.
I was concentrating on line break etc.
To much going through my head.
Now all I do is just get the pace right nothing else( obvious break taken into consideration)
This leaves me tap ins.
The human brain is very good at aiming to a degree, so just work on your pace.

If that dosnt work a new putter is a must.
Good luck .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Putting can get to technical.
I was concentrating on line break etc.
To much going through my head.
Now all I do is just get the pace right nothing else( obvious break taken into consideration)
This leaves me tap ins.
The human brain is very good at aiming to a degree, so just work on your pace.

If that dosnt work a new putter is a must.
Good luck .
I must say a putting lesson is actually worthwhile though. I've putted much more consistently this year since I had one. He changed a handful of simple things that get me rolling the ball better, and keeping it online better. I definitely hole more 3-5 footers now which I would often tug left or push right before.

Still agree on getting the pace right being the most important factor though. When I do have a bad putting day, 90% of the time it's because the greens are slower than I expect and I can't adjust to it, leaving everything well short all day.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
You can’t be a proper golfer as you didn’t buy a new putter! ??
I bought a brand new putter in 2010 for £60. Ping My Day.
Sold it this year for £54.
My "newest" putter is now a 1990s Ben Sayers Opel Line #3 - bought last year for £2.
I've been using a John Letters Golden Goose and a John Letters Banker 5 recently to satisfactory effect. (Approx £3 each this year)
Three of my last four scores in best eight and 0.7 reduction in HI over those scores.
Brand new putters have little or no track record as good putters. Buy a classic in good condition - that's what I do.
When playing 20p birdies, I can get on others' nerves after holing my third birdie, "Oh, I've nearly got my money back for that putter now!"

Smoj

Visit site
After having a fantastic round with my Titleist 904f 7 wood on a 4 ball scramble yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a Titleist 906F2 3 wood. if its even half of what the 7 wood is, i will be over the moon
also was really impressed playing in the wet for the first time with my Nike victory tour 2s so I bought a 2nd pair in the white and black colours, before they go discontinued, The added bonus that they were on sale and with a coupon + some loyalty points got them for under £100
and a cool looking Nike Repel Tiger Woods fist pump harrington jacket, which sold out on NDC and one came on eBay for stupidly cheap in my size!

Jason.H

Visit site
It’s been a few months now since you bought them , are you happy with them ? I’m thinking of going to Mizuno in Birkdale for a fitting . Do you think they are suitable for a 12 to 14 handicap player ?

Im really pleased with them tbh. The 225,s are quite forgiving and are stunning to look at. Even though I’ve got down to 3/4 handicap I still like the fact slight off centre strikes still do well. Plus I have confidence to work the ball. They should be fine for a 12/14 handicapper just don’t get the 221,s

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A Cobra F-Max Airspeed driver. Designed for players with slow swing speeds … and that’s me. I have the equivalent fairways and they have added distance for me. The question is, do I try it tomorrow in my club’s seniors match, when one of my opponents will be fellow forummer Golfmmad … or do I wait and try it out in a social round first?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A Cobra F-Max Airspeed driver. Designed for players with slow swing speeds … and that’s me. I have the equivalent fairways and they have added distance for me. The question is, do I try it tomorrow in my club’s seniors match, when one of my opponents will be fellow forummer Golfmmad … or do I wait and try it out in a social round first?
Did you buy it to use it or to look at..?
Get it in the bag Man(y);)