I bought today.....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had a perticulaly 'rough' round out on the course today, so I had to get some more golf balls - 40 Nike balls for £11, eBay...That should cover me for the rest of the week ;)
also a cheap 'Papasbox' Rangefinder
Just as a matter of interest....if you search Nike on the R&A/USGA list of conforming balls...there are none. And if there are none then they don't conform.
So, technically, all Nike balls are illegal to use in competition.....no problem in general play but can't be use in comps or handicap rounds...

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Just picked up a Callaway XR Speed 19 10.5 degree driver from Callaway Preowned. It was listed as "Like New" and with the current 30% cost me £85

It's arrived today and is brand new, with a Callaway XR Speed Headcover and new Callaway Wrench - seems like a great price for a fairly modern driver that I know is guaranteed real as it's come direct from Callaway

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just as a matter of interest....if you search Nike on the R&A/USGA list of conforming balls...there are none. And if there are none then they don't conform.
So, technically, all Nike balls are illegal to use in competition.....no problem in general play but can't be use in comps or handicap rounds...
So Tigers 2 on 16th in the masters where the ball stops to show the swoosh dosnt count.
He should give the trophy back then.

D

Deleted member 3432

So Tigers 2 on 16th in the masters where the ball stops to show the swoosh dosnt count.
He should give the trophy back then.

It was a Nike swoosh on a Bridgestone ball that fell into the hole.

Bridgestone made the balls Tiger and other Nike staff players used for donkey's years.

Smoj

Visit site
only playing 4/5 times a month with friends atm, so no problem with comps or handicap rounds atm.. give it a few years ;)

Smoj

Visit site
Adidas Tour360 XT-SL Textile for £67.20 off the Adidas site. They are reduced to £84 and then got 20% off for signing up to the site. I’m a 10 but they were sold out so chancing a 9.5 for this price.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/tour360-xt-sl-spikeless-textile-golf-shoes/EG4876.html

I was looking at these, I had about 5k adidas points which i spent on a 25% off voucher.. so can get them for £63.. thing is i already have some tour 360 22s and some codechaos which i wasnt super impressed with so, on one hand, a nice spikeless replacement, on the other another pair of golf shoes. :LOL:

Springveldt

Visit site
I was looking at these, I had about 5k adidas points which i spent on a 25% off voucher.. so can get them for £63.. thing is i already have some tour 360 22s and some codechaos which i wasnt super impressed with so, on one hand, a nice spikeless replacement, on the other another pair of golf shoes. :LOL:
I’ve currently got the leather ones and love them. Had them over a year now and they are starting to look a bit battered. Sole is coming away, got a few scratches from gorse, brambles etc.
This will be the 3rd pair of 360’s I’ve bought, easily the most comfy golf shoes I’ve owned.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Crossfield

Visit site

The R&A website would suggest it's not perhaps quite as clear cut as that - certainly at 'non elite' level at least.

"
What if my ball is not listed?

It may not have been submitted, but may still conform for use at non-elite level.

It may have been ruled non-conforming

It may have expired from the List – which means it should still be considered ‘conforming’ for use at non-elite level

It must NOT be used when the condition is in effect"

https://www.randa.org/en/explore-equipment/conforming-ball-list

Interesting issue this, as I suspect Nike won't be the only manufacturer making a model of golf ball that were once routinely used in elite competition that has since been discontinued.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've bought some Adidas golf shorts. The material is so soft and light they're perfect for this hot weather. And they were only £25 from Mike Ashleytown.

Brads

Visit site
I bought a pair of Stromberg shorts. Feel and fit as good as the trousers.
Obviously an unpopular colour (sorta teal ? meh) at £19.

Raziren

Visit site
Just picked up a Callaway XR Speed 19 10.5 degree driver from Callaway Preowned. It was listed as "Like New" and with the current 30% cost me £85

It's arrived today and is brand new, with a Callaway XR Speed Headcover and new Callaway Wrench - seems like a great price for a fairly modern driver that I know is guaranteed real as it's come direct from Callaway

I also recently got a great deal from Callaway preowned on a club which looked brand new. When they have their 15%/30% off you can get another 10% using WELCOME-10 which you get for signing up to the newsletter

Smoj

Visit site
Should have gone for 10.5 if it's Adidas! That's my experience of them anyway. ?
yes, way too small, and didnt perticulaly like them. so sent them back immediantly. 360's22 9uk fit fine, codechoas fit fine 9.5uk... sizes all over the place :LOL:

So I ordered some Nike Air Max 90's and some Nike 720's to try out (Nikes 30 day no questions asked returns policy is unbelieveable) the 90's usual size 9 and fit fine, but the 720's ordered a 9.5 up i couldnt even get my foot in the shoe. so going to take the 90's out for a round if its dry next week and see how we go.

and lastly, I decided to give my Titleist 904F 7 wood a proper go in my scramble round on tuesday and fell in love with it, hit the best shot i have ever hit.. so because of that I decided to grab a Titleist 915F 3 wood possibly to replace my Nike Dymo2 3 Wood, which the face is starting to cave in a bit. which means i'll probably replace my Nike dymo 2 driver and 5 wood for a 915f 5 wood & 915 D2 :sneaky: