I bought today.....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Damn. I've thrown them away now.
I enjoyed them so much though that I'm getting some more for my tea tomorrow night.
PM me your address and I'll send you the heads, brains and all. And I'll pack them in ice so that don't go orf.

That's very kind but have plenty here, don't waste 'em, just pan fry them up until a crispy and pop 'em in your gob, ebi miso (the brain) really is a sweet delight:)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wear golf gear when watching golf.

Ostensibly because I’m still walking around a potentially wet windy golf course.

Genuine question is what practical alternatives are there?

I know a guy who gets dressed up in his football kit to watch a match on telly, will don his day at the races gear for the horses on a Sunday, and yeah his golf gear to watch a Major. On TV.

Then again he’s a lunatic so I’m not sure what point I’m making. He’s some craic to play golf with though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know a guy who gets dressed up in his football kit to watch a match on telly, will don his day at the races gear for the horses on a Sunday, and yeah his golf gear to watch a Major. On TV.

Then again he’s a lunatic so I’m not sure what point I’m making. He’s some craic to play golf with though.
That's just like how you've got to put a suit on when your team gets to a cup final on Football Manager. :p

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I wear golf gear when watching golf.

Ostensibly because I’m still walking around a potentially wet windy golf course.

Genuine question is what practical alternatives are there?

Wet weather gear I agree with. It was more an observation about people dressed as though they’re playing golf when they’re actually just watching (normal weather conditions) polo, golf trousers, golf shoes etc

ConorReact21

Visit site
My girlfriend wants to give me a gift and buy a beginner golfer's kit. Tell me what can be included in such a set, is there a pros who can give advice?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My girlfriend wants to give me a gift and buy a beginner golfer's kit. Tell me what can be included in such a set, is there a pros who can give advice?

There are a few pros here, and some excellent players, but mostly well intentioned folk who know varying amounts through either experience or research. And when I say research I mean buying thousands of clubs.

Loads of topics to be found using the search tool above. Here’s one from recent times. The general theme is not to buy new, go back a few years there are perfectly serviceable clubs for a lot less. You defo don’t want to but one of those complete sets from direct sports or whatever. They’re absolute carp.

Beginners clubs