I bought today.....

Hoganman1

Visit site
I just ordered a preowned set of Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons. Traded an old set of Taylormade 2017 M2s. I've been playing the JPX 850 forged and decided to upgrade to graphite shafts. At age 71 (next week) the softer shafts will probably be better for my torn rotator cuff. Hopefully, they'll be here late next week.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Not today, but I bought an Apple watch at end of last week and used it with Golfshot app when I was out for nine holes on Saturday.

I've had Golfshot on my phone pretty much since it came out (cost £17.99 one off payment then) so I've got Plus membership which gets a bit more than the Free one but not as much as the Pro membership.

Free and Plus Golfshot membership only gets distance to front, centre and back of the green on the Apple watch app, while the Pro one gets a lot more - score tracking etc. most of which I don't want - The only bit I'd like from the Pro membership is distance to hazards - but for the few times I want that I will just get my phone out of my bag.

Bobby19

Visit site
Not today, but I bought an Apple watch at end of last week and used it with Golfshot app when I was out for nine holes on Saturday.

I've had Golfshot on my phone pretty much since it came out (cost £17.99 one off payment then) so I've got Plus membership which gets a bit more than the Free one but not as much as the Pro membership.

Free and Plus Golfshot membership only gets distance to front, centre and back of the green on the Apple watch app, while the Pro one gets a lot more - score tracking etc. most of which I don't want - The only bit I'd like from the Pro membership is distance to hazards - but for the few times I want that I will just get my phone out of my bag.

Considering an Apple Watch myself. Is Golfshot considered the best app for smart watches ? Currently use a Garmin S10 and was wondering if going this route would be an upgrade overall

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just based on my experience. Be careful with Apple watches for golf specifically.

One, the bezel will interfere with your swing at the top of the swing. Mine engaged Siri until I discovered who to disable it on my phone Iwatch controller app. Then it needs switching back on after the round because without Siri active, my CarPlay in my Audi would not work.

Annoying.

The only way I could figure out how to stop this annoying design, was to wear my watch upside down (inverted) so that the bezel faced up my forearm. Then rotate the screen upside down so I could read it.

On top of that. My new (at the time) iwatch4 battery would seldom last a full round with GPS enabled.

I got so annoyed I just bought a Garmin instead tbh. Much better as a golf device that did not make me want to smash it to pieces when i used it.

Oh and lastly. I found that on occasion, the watch screen would default back to the main screen often, meaning I had to re navigate to the GPS I was using. This was despite me enabling an option on the phone to only open the last used app.

Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless

peld

Visit site
Not sure what else you are doing with your watch if it was struggling to last a round??!!
I have an Apple Watch 3 and battery life is fine. GPS accuracy is good too. I would have said Hole19 was the best free app but they just stopped the scoring function on the free version. Going to try GolfShot if the snow eventually melts.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Just based on my experience. Be careful with Apple watches for golf specifically.

One, the bezel will interfere with your swing at the top of the swing. Mine engaged Siri until I discovered who to disable it on my phone Iwatch controller app. Then it needs switching back on after the round because without Siri active, my CarPlay in my Audi would not work.

Annoying.

The only way I could figure out how to stop this annoying design, was to wear my watch upside down (inverted) so that the bezel faced up my forearm. Then rotate the screen upside down so I could read it.

On top of that. My new (at the time) iwatch4 battery would seldom last a full round with GPS enabled.

I got so annoyed I just bought a Garmin instead tbh. Much better as a golf device that did not make me want to smash it to pieces when i used it.

Oh and lastly. I found that on occasion, the watch screen would default back to the main screen often, meaning I had to re navigate to the GPS I was using. This was despite me enabling an option on the phone to only open the last used app.

Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless
Absolutely no problem with any part of the watch interfering with my swing - I take it you meant the wheel on the side which I believer the call the digital crown - a bezel is something else completely isn't it? - and the watch had 60%+ battery life after my round.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Considering an Apple Watch myself. Is Golfshot considered the best app for smart watches ? Currently use a Garmin S10 and was wondering if going this route would be an upgrade overall
I honestly don't know - I used Golfshot because I've got it already - as I said I only want distances though - no interest at all in using a watch to keep my score or track my shots.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure what else you are doing with your watch if it was struggling to last a round??!!
I have an Apple Watch 3 and battery life is fine. GPS accuracy is good too. I would have said Hole19 was the best free app but they just stopped the scoring function on the free version. Going to try GolfShot if the snow eventually melts.

I used the Arcos app. Maybe that was a drainer with the tracking.

Dunno tbh ?‍♂️

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely no problem with any part of the watch interfering with my swing - I take it you meant the wheel on the side which I believer the call the digital crown - a bezel is something else completely isn't it? - and the watch had 60%+ battery life after my round.

yeah you are correct mate. The crown sorry. Bezel is something else.

Used to press it all the time. More so when I wore a glove that had more off a cuff though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Calvin Klein sweater from County Golf, 20 quid. I won't even wear it for golf probably, it looked nice and I'd more likely wear it to work or as a smart casual jumper.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You wasted half of them, the heads a good calcium intake, and the brain is so sweet, it's lovely.

Damn. I've thrown them away now.
I enjoyed them so much though that I'm getting some more for my tea tomorrow night.
PM me your address and I'll send you the heads, brains and all. And I'll pack them in ice so that don't go orf.