I bought today.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Still contemplating a carry bag....and whether to go as light as I can (Ping craz e lite, about a pound lighter than other bags). Just ordered 2 new pair of Hoka running shoes, one for trail. Hoka's are pretty comfortable and have had several pair.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mizuno shovels arrived, will give them a run out at Royal Dornoch tomorrow, would have liked to have had a hit first, but been too busy, might try and stop off at Tain and hit a few if i get time

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to flog a load of old clubs including Ping G driver, odyssey V-line CH fang putter, odyssey white hot #9, odyssey tank #1 and some glide (original version) 52 and 58 for £250 quid as the club had a second hand golf company in. I wanted a tad more but they weren't budging and so getting rid and getting money on my shop account was the object of the exercise. Having got rid of a load of putters I have a hankering for a milled blade style so need to have a chat with the pro once we re-open. Think he's got some Scotty's due in but would prefer a Ping milled in my heart

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mizuno shovels arrived, will give them a run out at Royal Dornoch tomorrow, would have liked to have had a hit first, but been too busy, might try and stop off at Tain and hit a few if i get time
Remind us of the specs and did you get an opportunity to do some digging with said shovels?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Remind us of the specs and did you get an opportunity to do some digging with said shovels?
Mizuno JPX2021 hot metal pro with project X LZ115 shafts, SL<SL.

they are at least 2 clubs longer than my MP4, the lofts are stronger of course but only a club really. They go high and straight, though keep hitting the 4 like a bullet.

our two par 5 's on the back 9 i usually hit, 3 wood off the tee to lay up short on the fairway bunkers, then 5 or 6 iron to lay up short of the next lot. last two days i've hit 4 iron, 7 iron, with no wind, the 7 yesterday almost made the bunker, and was one of the best hits with that club close to 170 yards. also duffed my tee shot a bit on the 17th, had 145 to the flag and wanted to be short of the flag , flew it over and was off the back with a 9. they are pretty chunky looking esp the 4 and 5 irons. i do need a range session with them to get and idea of distances.

will do a proper review once i've tried chipping with them, which i've not tried yet and a range session.

first impressions is WOW:p:p(y)

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
The drop in price made me think about it.
The price is not that much more than most now.
Wasn’t sure when I went for the fitting but after hitting the proto was convinced .
The sound and flight was awesome , never had that with driver before.
But a -4 aoa was taken care of with a stiffer Diamana flower band shaft.
Itching to get it now , but it’s not in the post yet.

Did you go for the Proto?