I bought today.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Did the first version not land them in hot water with Acushnet? Patent infringements galore.
So any subsequent version was always likely to be significantly different.

To be fair I think acushnet have tried to sue everyone who makes small white dimpled balls for golf!

Mandofred

Visit site
Just ordered 2 tour velvet +4 grips, plus tape and vise holder. I haven't changed a grip in about 25 years. Heading down to B+Q next week to get a cheap vise. Bought a box of Bridgestone RX balls and a bright green golf glove. I've been using the Bridgestone RXS balls lately and I've liked them, thought I'd give the RX a try. I'm assuming plain ol' white spirits works well enough for a grip change?

bradleywedge

Visit site
Just used Hotgolf for the first time through ebay. Item could not be shipped as it was found to be damaged before shipping and it was the last one, ironically. Received a refund. Won't be using them again.

D

Deleted member 18588

Just ordered 2 tour velvet +4 grips, plus tape and vise holder. I haven't changed a grip in about 25 years. Heading down to B+Q next week to get a cheap vise. Bought a box of Bridgestone RX balls and a bright green golf glove. I've been using the Bridgestone RXS balls lately and I've liked them, thought I'd give the RX a try. I'm assuming plain ol' white spirits works well enough for a grip change?
White spirits will be fine, be generous.
Remember to warm the old tape before attempting to remove, makes the job much easier

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Did the first version not land them in hot water with Acushnet? Patent infringements galore.
So any subsequent version was always likely to be significantly different.

I was under the impression they were just end of run Nassau Quattro balls and Costco wouldn’t get any more for the price they paid. They had to go to one of the lesser ball plants as they were the only ones who could keep up with the production numbers Costco demanded.

The acushnet litigation didn’t go anywhere, need to have very very deep pockets to go against Costco

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The ołd one sold like hot cakes and weren't readily available in the uk , but the new model is , so could be a budget version , I also spotted a review for Kirkland putters , but haven't watched it yet .

The original ones were launched a couple of years back and were shelved long before they had a chance to reach the UK. The new ones that have made it, have been receiving decent reviews, so was keen to try them. Three piece balls are usually a decent option. It didn’t feel like a 3 piece though, more like a one piece. It was no way comparable to a Project(a), which is one of the best 3 piece balls. Unfortunately, not for me.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
A new regular shaft after being an new M5 tensei 65 reg shafter 3 wood, I've thrown the hybrids out x stiff and the driver with tour green 75 stiff, took the advice of my fitter moving to more flex same guy who fitted me 18 months earlier for x stiff

Makes you wonder!

Diamond

Visit site
Bought myself a 2nd hand lob wedge off ebay. Callaway 58 degree. Played today With it and scored my best score for 18 holes, 101, previously it was 105 from February. The wedge cost me £42.

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
You're the guy who works for AG and you're telling us an 11 year old driver is the best? Surely that's against company policy? :LOL:
I don’t work for ag anymore so im
Off the leash and allowed to say it :). True story though any fitter or pro knows that when a customer walks in with a g10 as their current club you know your gonna struggle to get them better numbers. I have had 2 games with it now and it’s much better than my my Rogue.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t work for ag anymore so im
Off the leash and allowed to say it :). True story though any fitter or pro knows that when a customer walks in with a g10 as their current club you know your gonna struggle to get them better numbers. I have had 2 games with it now and it’s much better than my my Rogue.
That's interesting. I had a G15 driver several years ago, but then I chopped and changed a bit, ended up with a G30 SF Tec, and then last year upgraded to the G410 SFT, which had better numbers then the G30. Point being, I definitely agree Ping make good drivers, but surely the G410 out-performs the G10?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A new regular shaft after being an new M5 tensei 65 reg shafter 3 wood, I've thrown the hybrids out x stiff and the driver with tour green 75 stiff, took the advice of my fitter moving to more flex same guy who fitted me 18 months earlier for x stiff

Makes you wonder!
Think I would have flexed my monobrow at him!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
but surely the G410 out-performs the G10?

Why does that have to be so.....?

The COR rule, the trampoline effect, took care of most gains in yardage years ago

The latest drivers tend to offer slightly more forgiveness across the face, more than anything else

I've a mate off scratch h/cap still using G10 with prolaunch red
Loves it