I bought today.....

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes - comfort is the main priority and no spikes - any ideas folks? How about a pair of Nike Air Max 1G - I'm basically looking for running shoe softness sole feel if possible.
Mizuno Wave Cadence are another adapted for Golf running shoe, very comfortable and worth a look.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not a lot in it to be brutally honest. I’ve wide feet and the Roche I can wear with any socks. Have to have super thin For the Max which can be a faff.

Nike have a 30% discount offer atm on their main site. For £40 I don’t think you can go wrong with the Roche.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good point but as you'd agree surely new shoes need breaking in, even FJ's which I usually find comfy from the box. Having used them for the lesson today they'll be ready to wear on the course. I'll do the same with the other FJ's Friday and both ready to be put into use on the course. After that back to my old leaky range shoes.

You crack me up Homer the amount of golf shoes you own and you wear old leaky shoes, Why ??‍♂️

Zig

Visit site
I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes - comfort is the main priority and no spikes - any ideas folks? How about a pair of Nike Air Max 1G - I'm basically looking for running shoe softness sole feel if possible.
I've just got the Footboy Pro SL (spikeless) from Snainton Golf - £79.99, and further discount codes avail. ;) Awesome value for money.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site

I got a pair of Adidas Codechaos and wore them fit the first time at the weekend. They were superb. I really like the boost soles

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I've got the 1G Max and find them a bit narrow. Nike are bringing out the Infinity Zoom Tour or something like that next month, have a look at them. Seem like trainers.

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-golf-air-zoom-infinity-tour

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm trying to talk myself into an experiment with Tour Velvet plus 4 grips. If I were smart I'd just buy a couple....but what the heck, might just give the full 13 a shot. I was interested in trying a slightly larger grip anyway, and these should be an interesting. I've got small hands (mens small glove), but have been wanting to try grips with at least a couple of extra tapes under the grip....maybe even mediums. There is a lot of golf bias/tradition towards sticking with what size grip you are "supposed" to use. I can't see it making all that much difference.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to talk myself into an experiment with Tour Velvet plus 4 grips. If I were smart I'd just buy a couple....but what the heck, might just give the full 13 a shot. I was interested in trying a slightly larger grip anyway, and these should be an interesting. I've got small hands (mens small glove), but have been wanting to try grips with at least a couple of extra tapes under the grip....maybe even mediums. There is a lot of golf bias/tradition towards sticking with what size grip you are "supposed" to use. I can't see it making all that much difference.

seriously recommend just regripping 1 initially if making a biggish change then doing the rest if happy (talking from experience of having to have a whole set of grips removed after 2 weeks)