I bought today.....

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or it's just following the conversation on a thread that specifically talks about online golf purchases.
If you read what I previously wrote, you'll see that I was giving them plenty of slack. Over ten phone calls from me, none of which were returned despite promises, and a day short of 2 weeks since I paid, I've given them plenty of slack but there just comes a time.
Hopefully you can see from my previous posts that I was happy to give them plenty of leeway.
I'm not calling you out personally old chap

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went to see if I could assemble a bag for whilst I was here. They had some mizuno jpx 919 forged in truetemper r300 at £695, which were okay but I decided not to. There was a nice enough Wilson staff putter at £105 .. little bit rich for me so I walked away. I tried the spider from Taylor made and odyssey.. nice but the inserts are too soft, the Scotty Cameron was good with a milled face but seriously too much for something so universal. So no putter purchased.
I did buy a g400 sft regular 10 degree driver, it went with a soft draw (I didn’t know it was an sft ) I was getting 14 degrees of launch and around 2400-2600 spin carry was 230-235 yards and dispersion was 12 yards .. so I parted with my cash. Now I need to get my clubs out here !

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
With all this talk of poor communication from retailers I thought I'd give a shout out for Golf Sidekick, the YouTube channel based in Malaysia.

I ordered a pitch mark repair tool from them at the end of March and had two confirmation emails straight away.

Unfortunately with various lockdown issues they've not been able to ship but in the meantime I've had 5 emails from Matt the site host updating me on the current state of play, the last to say that they'd sourced a new shipper and my parcel should be on it's way shortly.

I'm impressed with the very friendly and caring service.
Love that guy. Seems like a great bloke that you'd love to have a round and a pint with.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mates plays off 7 and just throws any ball down. Slazengers / anything. Never seems to play any different and NEVER EVER blames the type of ball he's playing with. Most of the time he's no idea.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
You don't like the Extra Soft ones? £12.99 a dozen? Or the Wilson DX2 £11.99 a dozen?

I‘ve not tried the soft ones, DX2 are ok, but I prefer the BXS. everyone has different opinions on balls, personally I play with many, happy to play pickups and often do, but ultimately I always end up gravitating to these, TP5 or ProV1. I like the feel of them.

i realised the other day, I may have become a bit of a ball snob, was in Costco and picked up the two dozen pack of their balls. Put them back though, before I spend on any ball, I‘d like to try one at least, would hate to buy two dozen of a ball I found I didn’t like, or maybe it was just the logo ?. May go back and get them if the Bridgestone don’t turn up in time though.

yes there are cheaper balls out there, but I know I like these, and at the price it’s a bargain, almost as good as the staff discount my lad gets at AG.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Excellent. Where have you joined and did they offer any sort of deal (just being nosey to see if clubs feel the need to try and attract members after lockdown or simply prospective members will simply come to them)
Around here, from the limited enquires I made, new member numbers are up so no need to put deals out.
Have joined Heythrop Park. Was impressed with the greens on Saturday, & played again Sunday.

niceboy

Visit site
I‘ve not tried the soft ones, DX2 are ok, but I prefer the BXS. everyone has different opinions on balls, personally I play with many, happy to play pickups and often do, but ultimately I always end up gravitating to these, TP5 or ProV1. I like the feel of them.

i realised the other day, I may have become a bit of a ball snob, was in Costco and picked up the two dozen pack of their balls. Put them back though, before I spend on any ball, I‘d like to try one at least, would hate to buy two dozen of a ball I found I didn’t like, or maybe it was just the logo ?. May go back and get them if the Bridgestone don’t turn up in time though.

yes there are cheaper balls out there, but I know I like these, and at the price it’s a bargain, almost as good as the staff discount my lad gets at AG.
I found a Costco ,Kirkland ball and in the 9 holes I used it , I was well impressed , could be the original model , which has better reviews , but if you can still, get the one I tried , I would buy them in a heartbeat , I usually use , prov1 or chrome soft .