I’m Done

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
This post is inherently political. Also the guy seems like a total idiot, devoid of any notion of what the real world is like.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Flounce of the week

I’d laugh if it wasn’t such a serious subject

If you have 1 long serving copper who has been ground down over the years, there will be many many more.

A general lack of respect in society, ( an angrier society)

Retention and morale is as serious an issue in the police and prison officers as it is in the NHS and we need to wake up to it

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

If you have 1 long serving copper who has been ground down over the years, there will be many many more.

Retention and morale is as serious an issue in the police and prison officers as it is in the NHS and we need to wake up to it

As an article I read the first few lines, its the sort of stuff you scroll straight past if it appears on your time line.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

It all meant well and the message is clear but surely we have had enough angst on the forum recently - whilst many will agree with the message the person is saying maybe the timing on here isnt great because it’s only going to cause a few to react and then we go down the same way as the other posts and it’s clearly going to have political meanings soon enough . Cabin fever has clearly set in - we really do need a game of golf and some enjoyment and something to laugh at, where is Cam when you need him.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes, lots of very recognisable scenarios that many can relate to. Certainly there in teaching as well. Sadly that's the world we live in...... has been like that for a long time. Not sure where he's going to escape it.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This post is inherently political. Also the guy seems like a total idiot, devoid of any notion of what the real world is like.

Having a couple of close friends who are frontline serving police officers and seeing what theyve been through the last few years, and in particular the last 12 months, i can honestly say if you think the person writing it is an idiot then that makes you an even bigger one. And there is nothing political in there, unless you go looking for it or indeed anything else you can find to take offense at.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Interesting read, I understand completely what he is saying (got cops in our family) and I know the crap they have to put up with but they are both early 20s and have never known it any different. But has the job changed that much since the year 2000? If he had been in the job since the 80s I could understand his grievances more.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, lots of very recognisable scenarios that many can relate to. Certainly there in teaching as well. Sadly that's the world we live in...... has been like that for a long time. Not sure where he's going to escape it.
Might be he needs to before the job takes him, mentally or physically.?‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No, I read some and quickly realised it was a complete waste of my time to read it any further. It came across as the same old whinny crap you can see day in day out on news feeds.

Having read his story and your two sentences, I am firmly of the belief that when he wrote that “ I’m done“ he had people like you in mind.
But let’s just say for arguments sake this is another Tashyboy rambling. Well I have a daughter who i am very proud of. A daughter who is a front line firearms cop, who as we speak is doing a 10 hr night shift in Sheffield. Trying her best to keep the streets safe so folk can through freedom of speech come out with “whinny old crap”.