I’m Done

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
As someone who has today retired after 30 years’ service as a police officer, I’m going to abstain from this debate. I’ll only say something I later regret in response to those who haven’t the first clue what they are talking about.

Well done and thank you for your service ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There was a picture in the media of a ginger haired lass on the ground with handcuffs on in the media. There was just something about it that didn't sit right. Don't ask me exactly why but it just felt a little staged. And no, I'm not biased.

So I did a media/Youtube search. Certainly an eye opener. The handcuffing was the end of the story but what was the start and the middle of it for the ginger haired lass? Its there if you look.

I'd recommend a trawl through all the available clips and articles. Were the police heavy handed? Could it have been dealt with better? To be honest, I don't want a yes they were, no they weren't argument. But what I will say is some of those clips (possibly) show an element whose behaviour doesn't look much like a peaceful vigil.

I can't be harris'd with the discussion with some who only see it one way. There's enough evidence to at least question both sides on their behaviour.

D

Deleted member 15344

There was a picture in the media of a ginger haired lass on the ground with handcuffs on in the media. There was just something about it that didn't sit right. Don't ask me exactly why but it just felt a little staged. And no, I'm not biased.

So I did a media/Youtube search. Certainly an eye opener. The handcuffing was the end of the story but what was the start and the middle of it for the ginger haired lass? Its there if you look.

I'd recommend a trawl through all the available clips and articles. Were the police heavy handed? Could it have been dealt with better? To be honest, I don't want a yes they were, no they weren't argument. But what I will say is some of those clips (possibly) show an element whose behaviour doesn't look much like a peaceful vigil.

I can't be harris'd with the discussion with some who only see it one way. There's enough evidence to at least question both sides on their behaviour.

Is that the actress ?

She was also interviewed for Sky News - it was very eye opening and she certainly shown her motive

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
As someone who has today retired after 30 years’ service as a police officer, I’m going to abstain from this debate. I’ll only say something I later regret in response to those who haven’t the first clue what they are talking about.

Congratulations on your escape, hopefully largely unscathed. Now to start the most important 30 years... ;)

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Having read his story and your two sentences, I am firmly of the belief that when he wrote that “ I’m done“ he had people like you in mind.
But let’s just say for arguments sake this is another Tashyboy rambling. Well I have a daughter who i am very proud of. A daughter who is a front line firearms cop, who as we speak is doing a 10 hr night shift in Sheffield. Trying her best to keep the streets safe so folk can through freedom of speech come out with “whinny old crap”.

Make of it what you will, but I usually scroll straight past all your posts too.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Is that the actress ?

She was also interviewed for Sky News - it was very eye opening and she certainly shown her motive

Not seen the interview, nor particularly want to. I saw some clips on various news feeds from early in the evening as the situation was developing and also the the escalation. I don't particularly want to be labelled a right wing fascist but it is worth looking at all the feeds, and look out for the ginger haired woman and what she was doing early in the evening.

Those that turned up for the vigil, irrespective of covid, have my deepest sympathies and respect. Those that turned up already angry...

What is also sad is the way the media are hanging the police out to dry. Amazing how so many of the early clips aren't being shown as the baying (mob) media seek out their next victim.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

Lets hope that those who have aired their concerns about police behaviour are shown those clips; they certainly present a different story.

RichA

Visit site
This post is inherently political. Also the guy seems like a total idiot, devoid of any notion of what the real world is like.
Not sure how you've come to that conclusion.
He seems to be lamenting the fact that life has become so politicised, extremist and selfish.
I wonder what your notion of the real world is, without particularly wanting to know.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Interesting read, I understand completely what he is saying (got cops in our family) and I know the crap they have to put up with but they are both early 20s and have never known it any different. But has the job changed that much since the year 2000? If he had been in the job since the 80s I could understand his grievances more.

Unbelievably so. Social media, CCTV & the advances in mobile phones mean that you are under so much more scrutiny than you were in the 80's when I started, and the politics got worse..

Back then, you'd see the bitter & twisted cynics on there own table in the canteen as they saw out their last coupe of years. By the time I left that was most people over 15 years service.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly I feel the respect the police used to have has evaporated with the cuts and drive to make them more like office wallahs, pushing pens and filing bits of paper.
I know I wouldn't want to do their job, and I have nothing but repsect for those that do especially in this self centred and 15 minutes of fame society we live in.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd love some of these people on here to perhaps spend a week, or better yet, a month with the front line police officers. See the lack of respect, abuse and violence they face on a day-to-day basis. People who are, on the whole, trying to do their best to protect the public and then, when somebody tries to put that in words about how they feel and how it affects them, there is always someone who responds in the way people have done on here. Maybe read the whole thing rather than reading a few lines and jump to a conclusion.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
This post is inherently political. Also the guy seems like a total idiot, devoid of any notion of what the real world is like.
30 years as a policeman and he has no idea what the real world is like?

Do you ever read back what you wrote and think

“Actually, that makes no sense at all and is just me being a complete and utter twonk?”

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i think a lot of people can sympathise and empathise with what he wrote and have similar views across a lot of jobs and areas of society. We have all had to put up with masses of new rules, procedures, spotlights etc that make jobs much more frustrating. i just had a meeting with senior managers and the internal police about new rules and procedures for elements of the job - the manuals were in total over 200 pages long! You look back on the way policing used to be, with community officers and the like, where the job was the job and form filling was in its infancy and it feels top me that the public had much more respect and appreciation of the police. The same with Schools when teachers may lob a a piece of chalk at a disruptive student and (not that it was there for me) you got the cane or slipper for misbehaving - even detention after school or at lunch etc seems to be a thing of the past. The respect for authority seems to have vanished and now the cancel-culture winge-driven entitled generation of woke worrious think they have the right to complain at anything - for anyone potentially looking at them the wrong way, telling them anything that can now be construed as having the smallest element of sexism, racism, bullying or any other new ism that is not yet invented. We need to get back to a strong moral backbone, common sense rules, come down hard on bad people and make everyone feel safer and that they belong and have bought in to the piece of the world and society that that they live in and and not try and back every social-media driven cause of the day. Back the Police, back teachers, back nurses and doctors and fireman. Cut the red tape, focus on the core of the job - protect people, look after people, save people etc. Accept that people make mistakes and don't tarnish the masses of any profession or job with a few indiscretions of the very small minority of bad people - bad people are bad people not bad police or bad doctors etc.