I’m Done

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Peaceful (unlawful) vigil on Clapham Common to remember a poor woman that was murdered. Thousands of women turn up to protest that the police do not do enough to protect them. Several hundred(?) police officers have to be there to try to control the unruly mob. Whilst that is happening I wonder how many opportunistic crimes were committed elsewhere in London because the police were busy on Clapham Common.

Oh the irony.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
There’s a difference between offering an opinion on an abstract person with no direct personal interaction with myself and you going off topic just to insult my opinion without offering anything to the topic at hand.
Where did I go off topic? All my posts have been on-topic, including the comment on you having a go at the policeman who wrote the original article. Also, I didn't insult you. I merely pointed out that you yourself insulted someone.

D

Deleted member 16999

Resourcing is one issue granted - but less of an issue than all the beaurocracy and rules thrown at police and others that take up a large part of their time and. Cut back on all the unnecesssary rules and empower them to do their day job and hence more police on the streets. Same in the NHS etc. This will go a long way to making them feel valued.

Your bad people comment is nothing to do with what i said so no comment

Agree with respect comment but again not really related to what i was saying. Respect has gone through the all the things mentioned - today's world shines a big torch on any transgressions or bad behaviour and pays no attention to the 99% of good that is done in any field. All the protest generation are interested in is trashing the majority through the incidents of the very small minority
I mentioned bad people in response to the whole issue, to help the Police/Society we need to try and see if measures can be taken to avoid people turning bad, obviously we will never stop all bad people, but it also doesn’t mean we should do nothing.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Peaceful (unlawful) vigil on Clapham Common to remember a poor woman that was murdered. Thousands of women turn up to protest that the police do not do enough to protect them. Several hundred(?) police officers have to be there to try to control the unruly mob. Whilst that is happening I wonder how many opportunistic crimes were committed elsewhere in London because the police were busy on Clapham Common.

Oh the irony.

And how many people who have lost friends and family over the last year haven't been able to attend the funeral?
The video posted earlier is shocking, but sadly it seems to be following the trend of all the other recent "protests".

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I mentioned bad people in response to the whole issue, to help the Police/Society we need to try and see if measures can be taken to avoid people turning bad, obviously we will never stop all bad people, but it also doesn’t mean we should do nothing.

I don't disagree but not really related to what I was talking about

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I said this the other week. There is a part of society that does not show any respect to anyone of colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual gender, men, women, children, sports people etc etc. You can also chuck bobbies, teachers and medical staff in that lot. Apologies for everyone else ave missed out.

D

Deleted member 16999

I said this the other week. There is a part of society that does not show any respect to anyone of colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual gender, men, women, children, sports people etc etc. You can also chuck bobbies, teachers and medical staff in that lot. Apologies for everyone else ave missed out.
You’ve always had that element and sadly we probably always will have, that doesn’t mean those who do or are somewhere inbetween should be forgotten about.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
You’ve always had that element and sadly we probably always will have, that doesn’t mean those who do or are somewhere inbetween should be forgotten about.
In all points of history, the extremists that have the loudest voice can cause more damage than poor old Joe Soap who just want to get on with their life. The influence they can exert is far more than the percentage of people who hold their view.
The Nazis in 1930's Germany is a perfect example, but there are lots more like this (and before anyone says anything, I am not comparing anyone in this site, or to anyone in the protest as Nazis).

D

Deleted member 16999

In all points of history, the extremists that have the loudest voice can cause more damage than poor old Joe Soap who just want to get on with their life. The influence they can exert is far more than the percentage of people who hold their view.
The Nazis in 1930's Germany is a perfect example, but there are lots more like this (and before anyone says anything, I am not comparing anyone in this site, or to anyone in the protest as Nazis).
Totally agree, but also criminal and underworld elements will never care about anyone but themselves and they exist in all levels of society.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know when people post that McIlroy is a choke merchant and his short game is pathetic... do you think most people who say that on here would do that to his face? Let’s not be hypocritical here.

You can't insult someone behind a pseudonym. You don't even know if they are who they claim to be or if any of what they cite as anecdote is true.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We should always question authority. Always.

Whilst I agree with you in principle, I feel that's just too simplistic. Would I drill down to the extent you often do with a brain surgeon who wants to save my life? It surely must be a case by case basis. And then its about the depth you go with the questioning.

"Ok, you're going to drill into my skull. What's the recovery time?" You're not questioning his/her expertise but asking a very reasonable prognosis question.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Whilst I agree with you in principle, I feel that's just too simplistic. Would I drill down to the extent you often do with a brain surgeon who wants to save my life? It surely must be a case by case basis. And then its about the depth you go with the questioning.

"Ok, you're going to drill into my skull. What's the recovery time?" You're not questioning his/her expertise but asking a very reasonable prognosis question.
I wouldn’t class the brain surgeon as having authority over me. I mean things like the government, police, your managers... anyone with that sort of decision making power over you.

Please note that despite what others seem to have assumed earlier in this thread, I don’t mean always believe they’re out to get me and make mistakes but to judge them on their actions and not to give blanket respect and a free pass without scrutiny.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn’t class the brain surgeon as having authority over me. I mean things like the government, police, your managers... anyone with that sort of decision making power over you.

Please note that despite what others seem to have assumed earlier in this thread, I don’t mean always believe they’re out to get me and make mistakes but to judge them on their actions and not to give blanket respect and a free pass without scrutiny.
Why not?
They all have the power to make abrubt changes to your life.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Why not?
They all have the power to make abrubt changes to your life.
I guess I would have inherent trust in him to do the best for me. But I would be interrogating him for every last bit of information I could about my condition, his plan and any contingency plans if things went wrong. So I guess that’s a type of authority over me - I just wouldn’t think of it in the same, personally.