Strikes by non-producing workers, IE doctors, nurses, council employees ETC.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
There are crap staff in all jobs, all of them including the police, nhs, armed forces and so on. This is human nature. However invairably the slack is picked up by the more committed staff members. You know the saying, if you want something done ask a busy person.

Regarding teachers, my wife is dealing with a member who does the bare minimum and think life is a breeze, the problerm is he is failing his class adn their results are poor against the other 5 classes. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I work in a team of 3, 1 of us does not give a crap, also does bare minimum, late in, early out, works from home more than he should, we are remotely managed, easy to get away with. I find it frustrating and it's got worse recently, encouraging me to look elsewhere really.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
One sign and no junior doctors on the picket line all day today. Last time I heard two consultants talking and they were livid no effort had been made to attend the picket line.

On a brighter note there were loads of spaces in the staff car park!

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I 100% support the right to strike, and I 100% support the docs/nurses strike. Less than inflationary rises for years, and then add in continual erosion of T&C’s. Imagine a sister having to stop back to cover. Is she paid at single rate, time and half or double rate? She’s paid none of those, she is paid at a base rate that bears no reflection on her rate. And when there’s a freeze on overtime she still has to stay back accruing time in lieu. The banked time doesn’t match hour for hour, and when she looks to take time off in lieu she is told no because they’re short staffed. Only so much lieu time can be carried over into the next month, the rest she loses. But she can’t get time off.

It’s not just about pay. It’s about T&C’s and safe staffing levels. Imagine a theatre recovery nurse. There should be 1-2-1 cover as the patient wakes up. 2-3 patients come out of theatre at the same time. Not having 1-2-1 care is dangerous.

All the talk of efficiencies is just a load of horse poo. All that trimming was done donkey’s years ago. It’s on its knees. It’s vastly underfunded and it’s YOUR health that is at risk. Increase the pay to a decent level and the drain of staff leaving might abate.
That tells me the unions are not doing their job and should get the contract terms sorted out.