Hunstanton

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Oof top 100 police 🤣
I reckon in this online world we could easily find plenty of poor reviews for top 100 courses .
How about you try finding one (in the past of course) that describes a top 100 course as 'utter garbage' and 'utterly disgraceful' - apart from CF's of course! It was that description that D4S stated he hadn't seen, not a 'poor review' of one, of which I'm certain there'd be plenty!

If/when you can't (or don't!), then I'd suggest you donate a tenner to H4H!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the record... a 3 day trip of Hunstanton, RWN Brancaster and Sherringham would take some beating!!!!
Coincidentally, I did just that last year(actually a couple of other courses as well)but we played the previous three consecutively.
I enjoyed all three, possibly Hunstanton was slightly less appealing and the greens at the end of last summer were not at their absolute best but I don't recall anyone being anything other than welcoming, it's a shame if the OP caught it on a bad day but I would certainly return, though given the distance I live away it's a little unlikely.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Coincidentally, I did just that last year(actually a couple of other courses as well)but we played the previous three consecutively.
I enjoyed all three, possibly Hunstanton was slightly less appealing and the greens at the end of last summer were not at their absolute best but I don't recall anyone being anything other than welcoming, it's a shame if the OP caught it on a bad day but I would certainly return, though given the distance I live away it's a little unlikely.
I've played Hunstanton several times and always enjoyed it. Yes it is old school, yes it is quirky (2 ball course etc) but still a place that is well worth visiting.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
How about you try finding one (in the past of course) that describes a top 100 course as 'utter garbage' and 'utterly disgraceful' - apart from CF's of course! It was that description that D4S stated he hadn't seen, not a 'poor review' of one, of which I'm certain there'd be plenty!

If/when you can't (or don't!), then I'd suggest you donate a tenner to H4H!
Oof

🤣ah it's the rth police. I don't have the time for any of that, but you crack on and keep me posted.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Oof

🤣ah it's the rth police. I don't have the time for any of that, but you crack on and keep me posted.
Just a shallow 'scared of being proven wrong' WUM (for which you seem to have plenty of time!) then!

I'll even add some incentive....You find a 'complaint review' with that wording and I will donote the £10!

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've said it here before, but I think it is wrong, unfair, over the top to go out and totally slag off a course just because one person doesn't rate it in their opinion.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've said it here before, but I think it is wrong, unfair, over the top to go out and totally slag off a course just because one person doesn't rate it in their opinion.
You have a point but if anyone turns up at a course and there are issues either with the service of course I have no issue with constructive criticism about the problems and then I'd look to take it away and deal with it privately with the said course. I wouldn't come on here and run absolutely everything about the place down in such a negative and direct manner. Poor form in my book

D

Deleted Member 1156

From what I can see the only person slagging off the course is the OP and it would be nice if he came back and gave his reasons.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've known CF through forums for a while. He's a decent chap and always makes me smile with his regular outrage over paying more than he thinks is the going rate for everything from green fees to portions of chips! :)

I would imagine Hunstanton to be the sort of place he should steer well clear of. Old school in every sense, old Colonels and old school manners and values. The course itself is classic links. That might be a bit ragged in places, and I think that is part of the charm.

Liking that sort of place isn't compulsory, although I think it is super. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... course assessment is personal. Hence my point on the other thread. But, I hope he didn't pitch up expecting to be sneered at, and was delighted when he thought he was.

And, thank God he didn't go to Brancaster! Makes Hunstanton look like Phoenix Nights!!! :)

For the record... a 3 day trip of Hunstanton, RWN Brancaster and Sherringham would take some beating!!!!
Just to bring this topic back to some sort of sensible level - I think these comments are fair. I've never played a links course yet, and while I think the set-up might actually suit my game (although just guessing on that), I do wonder whether I'd really appreciate a links course that was considered high standard. Because I don't really have a bar for expectations on it. To the untrained eye, a links course possibly would just look like a scrappy, sandy uneven piece of land with some flags in it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to bring this topic back to some sort of sensible level - I think these comments are fair. I've never played a links course yet, and while I think the set-up might actually suit my game (although just guessing on that), I do wonder whether I'd really appreciate a links course that was considered high standard. Because I don't really have a bar for expectations on it. To the untrained eye, a links course possibly would just look like a scrappy, sandy uneven piece of land with some flags in it.
The Colloseum, it's just a big pile of rocks innit :LOL:. If Karl Pilkington did Links golf :D.

I'm laughing because you are absolutely right. They are much more than that of course, I say that as someone who is not a fan but who does appreciate what they are.