How you view brands of clubs

D

Deleted member 15344

I haven’t tried either brand. Neither have I tried TaylorMade, Cleveland, srixon or Wilson staff. It’s how I view the brands of the clubs which is what the OP asks.
I’m sure they function the same as any other lofted lump of metal on a stick.

So you haven’t tried the brands yet happy to make judgments about them ?

Chavs clubs ? What the heck does that mean
TaylorMade - Chav clubs.
Callaway - not far off Taylor made,
Wouldn’t advertise the above with a matching bag.

Ping - some ugly, some nice clubs, but underrated at my club

Titleist - the epitome of the classy golfer. Commands respect with the easy on the eye, non offensive designs. 2 year release schedule on clubs so Titleist have time to think about designs but didn’t think about the TS2/3

Wilson Staff - Best looking blades on market. Underrated. Make awful looking cavity backs.

PXG. No reason to buy these unless you want to look like you have money. Disguised Pings to make you look pompous. Ugly. Price doesn’t reflect performance.

Honma - who? Japanese brand. Suddenly included in forum lists because Justin Rose plays them. Never seen them. Heard they’re expensive. For the tool of the golf club. Player will have matching emblazoned bag, and will be dying to tell you about how they’re designed in a 3rd century old samurai sword metal works, by the relative of some sort of great sensei. Konichiwa.

Srixon/Cleveland - under the radar, respectable brands. Player likes an easy life, no hassle, no Bs, no frills.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
And yet you "know" so much about people who play those two particular brands.

How very perceptive of you.

No I guessed and stereotyped with my bigoted mind based on other life reflections.
But looking back I’m not alone in my thinking, so maybe there is something in my post!

D

Deleted member 18588

No I guessed and stereotyped with my bigoted mind based on other life reflections.
But looking back I’m not alone in my thinking, so maybe there is something in my post!

Oh there's something there alright.

Ignorance and envy!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Did the OP ask for perceptions of golfers who play the brands?

It asked “how do you arrange each brand”? how else must you differentiate it to make the thread interesting to read and have a point. By post #5 that was the theme the thread was leading to.

“They’re all the same bar the lofts colour schemes and prices” wouldn’t make for an interesting thread.

The best way to arrange the brands and how you rate them would be to compare them to who you thinks buys them.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
It asked “how do you arrange each brand”? how else must you differentiate it to make the thread interesting to read and have a point. By post #5 that was the theme the thread was leading to.

“They’re all the same bar the lofts colour schemes and prices” wouldn’t make for an interesting thread.

The best way to arrange the brands and how you rate them would be to compare them to who you thinks buys them.
at my club fitting next week, I’m going to hit a TM iron, a callaway iron & a Ping iron. So I’ll either be a pensioner or a chav depending on my choice, despite what the numbers, feel or my buying decisions lead me to buy. What an odd opinion on a odd thread.
What is even odder is that someone would buy a club based on some pre conceived idea & not the fitting facts.
Currently I’ve got titleist woods, mizuno irons, a TM putter & Cleveland wedges, what does that make me according to your logic??

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
at my club fitting next week, I’m going to hit a TM iron, a callaway iron & a Ping iron. So I’ll either be a pensioner or a chav depending on my choice, despite what the numbers, feel or my buying decisions lead me to buy. What an odd opinion on a odd thread.
What is even odder is that someone would buy a club based on some pre conceived idea & not the fitting facts.
Currently I’ve got titleist woods, mizuno irons, a TM putter & Cleveland wedges, what does that make me according to your logic??
A pensioner chav sounds good to me. That’s someone I’d have a beer with in the clubhouse!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Nice selection apart from your putter. Especially if it’s a ghastly looking spider. Don’t think I’ve seen a nice TM putter.
It doesn’t make you anything. Bar the receiving end of someone’s opinion. And someone’s opinion is worth diddly squat unless you care what people think!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
[QUOTE="therod, post: 1954892, member: 1821"
Currently I’ve got titleist woods, mizuno irons, a TM putter & Cleveland wedges, what does that make me according to your logic??[/QUOTE]

Confused?

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Nice selection apart from your putter. Especially if it’s a ghastly looking spider. Don’t think I’ve seen a nice TM putter.
It doesn’t make you anything. Bar the receiving end of someone’s opinion. And someone’s opinion is worth diddly squat unless you care what people think!
One thing that really makes me chuckle on here. If you ask for help with a real game improvement club, you immediately get told to have lessons. If you buy a ghastly looking spider or others (surely a game improvement putter) the “better” players say nothing 😂😂😂

D

Deleted member 21258

I think it is fair to say that I don't really think about brands like that is being posted about.

If I like the look of a certain club I just go on that alone and then think yeah I would like to try them out and can I hit them consistently, brand does not come into it or really think about brands.:)

Probably explains why I have a mixed bag from old adams, TM, callaway, Envroll, vokey, Srixon bag, wear Dunlop clothes and play any whiteish ball. Played with cobra historically and maybe shortly with pxg irons if I can hit them when they arrive and someone help me after reading some of the above replies, as I bought them are just great looking clubs and for no other reasons;).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't see this as being any different to a host of things. Take cars as a prime example. Everyone will have a view on a functional car (Ford, Vauxhall etc) and compare them perhaps to a Ping. Not pretty but get a job done. And so you could go on with the analogy but a lot of people also have their own preferences to cars and wouldn't dream of trying certain makes but would always gravitate to set makes and models

If I change golf clubs again, I'm definitely looking at a fitting because I want to try graphite shaft options to see if they will add anything as I get older and help with dispersion and length. As I've said before, I'd go to Ping first as that is what I'm use to and like using, but if they can't help I'm more than open to other brands and ideas. Golf is hard enough and I'm thinking it's about finding clubs to make it as easy as possible (given clubs can't hide a host of swing faults)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I haven’t a clue what my 3 playing partners had in their bag yesterday. I do know one of my occasional partners had AP3’s but only because I have the same. Guess it isn’t something that bothers me.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
No it’s not a spider. It’s not a permanent fixture either. It’s just an odd base to make an assumption on...what clubs people play?
I’d much rather judge people on whether or not they; use iron covers, use a black glove, tuck a towel in their trousers, use a chipper, are a grown up with an 18+ handicap. They all belong in the special place in hell along with those brexiteer fellas