Changing lie angle, how far is possible?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quick one somebody might know answer, google has given different opinions.
How far is it ok to bend lie angle modern irons?
In this case TaylorMade and Titleist in particular, their standard is a bit more upright than say Callaway or Mizuno.
Eg Callaway 6 iron standard lie is 61.5
Titleist is 62.5

For someone who was fit 2 degree flat in Callaway would they need 3 degree flat in Titleist?
Once length of club is same would that golfer be looking for 59.5 lie angle on 6 iron across all brands? Does your lie angle remain constant? Or does a different shaft, club head impact things

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Soft, forged irons you can probably go as far as 3 or 4 degrees
I think most state +/- 2 to be safe
Callaway cast? Good luck moving them at all....made of the hardest substance in the known universe.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Callaway cast? Good luck moving them at all....made of the hardest substance in the known universe.
Ya from reading online an issue seems to be a lot of modern clubs are forged only in the face, not the whole clubhead so not straightforward to move

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ya from reading online an issue seems to be a lot of modern clubs are forged only in the face, not the whole clubhead so not straightforward to move
Some clubs are forged frame with lighter materials used in the face to get a thinner face to allow for more forgiveness and rebound effect.

One of the things you have to compare between makes is not just lie (as this may differ club to club ) but also loft. Although Titliest say will have the same lie with a 7 irons.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
everyone knows thats the bits of dried weetabix on a bowl