How to make a PROPER backswing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Something in that James.

Took up golf sometime after giving up smoking and have always had a rubbish swing.

If I started smoking again would I have to play right handed?

:confused:

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Thats a good video IMO!

My bad shot is always with what I call my 'baseball bat' swing where I bring it around my body too much. Drives me mental; now I'll have the image of fags in my mind when swinging!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next time, it needs to be done with little lego men, please.

Safety first, lego men should always wear a helmet when playing golf.

null_zpsbe12493b.jpg

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is typical of a coach using a person as a cash cow and getting them to do a text book swing which they may not be capable of! A good example of my statement is we have a lad at my club who has the flattest swing you'll ever see and he does do "magical" things to get it back to the ball because he plays off 2, so, I disagree with you saying that a particular swing is wrong.

A good coach IMO will work with the person and get the best from him in association with his build, age and what he finds comfortable and natural for him to enjoy his golf. Coaches that attempt to get you to do something their way or text book don't interest me as most know you won't achieve it but still want to book you in for another lesson in 2 weeks time, cha-ching.

Nothing against you James but I find it offensive when someone says doing something a particular way is wrong, it may be quite affective for them, ala Jim Furyk

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'm sorry but this is typical of a coach using a person as a cash cow and getting them to do a text book swing which they may not be capable of!

Totally different if you're physically not capable.

This is discussing how to swing properly, if you choose to do it some other way by all means feel free, swing it around your ankles if you want.

... and Furyk's swing isn't far from exactly what I've said on that vid, so whatever it is you think you know about Furyk's swing.......

fish1.gif

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Totally different if you're physically not capable.

This is discussing how to swing properly, if you choose to do it some other way by all means feel free, swing it around your ankles if you want.

Thank you for that aggressive and defence response, it my opinion and I'm entitled to it!

You make no provision for this statement though, when you mention and example a low swing, you clearly state that its wrong, the 2 handicapper at my club is very fit and able so its not a case of "physically incapable", its a case of he is very successful with a very low sweeping swing which has to be seen to be believed and puts some forum distances to shame.

I just think your opinion of saying something is simply wrong without clarifying that, was wrong, you should have gone on to say that if you do this but are successful with it, then stick with it but if your struggling, then this is possibly what you should be trying to do, IMO

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You make no provision for this statement though, when you mention and example a low swing, you clearly state that its wrong,

It is wrong. You'd never be taught to swing that way... if you were you should get your money back from the, ..what was it? .... "Cash-cow that gets you back for another lesson in 2 weeks time".

The thread is titled "PROPER backswing"... not "Magical backswing that a 2 h/capper at Fish's club can get away with".

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
That's not a great response from someone looking to be a coach when someone casts a different opinion, is it?

What do you mean? I've seen your comments about me *elsewhere* so I have nothing to prove. Just because I think your post on an internet forum was lame doesn't mean that I can't teach.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It is wrong. You'd never be taught to swing that way...

Possibly if your just starting out but how many people go for lessons after they've been playing for years and can't adjust to a "proper" back swing as they have ingrained faults, surely a good coach would work with what that person can do and get the best out him/her, not force them to attempt something because its proper and too difficult for them grasp!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Possibly if your just starting out but how many people go for lessons after they've been playing for years and can't adjust to a "proper" back swing as they have ingrained faults

Very common indeed, you discuss it with the person you are teaching..... it's their swing and they decide according to their own goals, you can only advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.