How to make a PROPER backswing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
He is going to use Cigars next time just in case anyone is still using Wilson "Fatshafts"

Better to use a REAL back-swing in the first place imo. There are plenty of those about.

And resolve the discrepancies/contradictions and the iffy (imo) analogy.

Btw. Who were the students 'swinging the club around the body soooo flat.....' If they were shown the positions from the Sandtrap that I linked to - and a vid of their own versus a Pro swing, I'm certain they'd want to change - along the lines of the vid.

The way it is, there are so many 'holes' in it that, if I didn't know JO can produce results, I'd reject that vid (and the producer) as absolute rubbish!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
But, as I stated in my first post, it doesn't simply flip from P2 vertically upward.
I'm pretty sure I said that a wedge would be somewhere between 11&12 a 7- iron might be from 10-30 to 11 and a driver might be at 10. The part that you're disputing is that the rotation of the shoulder adds more depth as this pic shows, which again, is part of the illusion of 3D movement...

seve.gif

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I said that a wedge would be somewhere between 11&12 a 7- iron might be from 10-30 to 11 and a driver might be at 10. The part that you're disputing is that the rotation of the shoulder adds more depth as this pic shows, which again, is part of the illusion of 3D movement...

That was only 1 of the issues. Stuff was wrong, missing, muddled or plain bad! IMO of course. And if the name is accurate, there's a considerable number of massively wealthy Pro golfers that are not making 'Proper' back-swings!

That's why I say you should have used a real swing(s), as per the Sandtrap Positions one - where comments can be added to the main thrust.

Nothing wrong with what I think you were trying to achieve - though that concept has never been something I've needed to consider. It's the presentation that's tosh - imo.

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
That was only 1 of the issues. Stuff was wrong, missing, muddled or plain bad! IMO of course. And if the name is accurate, there's a considerable number of Pro golfers that are not making 'Proper' back-swings!

What name? and what was 'wrong', 'missing', 'muddled' or 'plain bad'?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What name? and what was 'wrong', 'missing', 'muddled' or 'plain bad'?

The thread title/name!

Read my earlier posts.

But samples...

Wrong
The 270 degree position does exist - at least for sufficient that it's wrong to say, as you do, that it doesn't.
Missing
As you've 'admitted', the depth increase caused by the shoulder rotation
Muddled
Your Parallel, Vertical, Horizontal confusion
Bad
The analogy of 'hiding the club-head from the camera'
The use of cigs when a real swing would be much better.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Uh-oh, it's the thread title police!!

What would YOU have preferred? :rofl:

No thread police here mate. I don't give a damn what it's called. Just pointing out the discrepancy between this and a large number of top Pros. Had you read the post properly, I would have expected you to have realised.

He's at it again....... ;)

I am starting to think that you're not very bright...

Getting boring, but yet again, inclined to agree! Will I start using Zing 2s soon? A mate's Eye 2 1-iron works well but couldn't be described as pretty!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
How childish!

You mean like extracting quotes from a different thread and inserting them just to try and have some 'upmanship' on someone to make them look foolish?

You can have the last word, (go ahead, get your final remark in) because I'm out of this thread unless someone wants to ask a genuine question pertaining to understanding the video rather than just moan about the thread title.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

You can have the last word, (go ahead, get your final remark in) because I'm out of this thread unless someone wants to ask a genuine question pertaining to understanding the video rather than just moan about the thread title.

And for the 3rd time you got it wong! I'm not moaning about the title!

Bye!

Attachments

• hi-and-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif
    hi-and-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.