How to make a PROPER backswing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not quite sure what you were trying to achieve with the vid, apart from maybe some realism about where most of the swing happens.

I don't like the analogy about 'hiding the club-head from the camera' though. That, and your explanation/demo, imply that the club-head path from P2 (to P4) is vertical, with nothing happening behind this line. Clearly, the club-head does travel behind the shoulders/backside line. Just check where the club-head is at P3 in sample swings.

And perhaps worth calling it 'model' swing rather than 'proper'. As you stated, there's plenty of variance about where the shaft is pointing at P2 amongst Pros (compare Rickie Fowler and Hunter Mahan's - or even Charlie Wi's - positions).

This sort of thing was the 'problem' the authors of 'Swing Like a Pro' - what did they (nearly) all do identically.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just setting myself up for some criticism, that's all,... I miss it if I go more than 5 minutes without :thup:

Well, making a rambling unscripted vid with silly props would seem likely to achieve that.

Perhaps more likely this again! :rolleyes:
Don't stroke my already over-rated ego!! :rofl:

This subject is one of areas that I think the independent Dr Jeff Mann does very well - even rationalising Eamonn Darcy's one, something David Leadbetter couldn't (bring himself to) do!

http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/backswing.htm

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Perhaps more likely this again! :rolleyes:

Over-rated as in I don't rate it very high... I just post, everyone else applies the ego.

This subject is one of areas that I think the independent Dr Jeff Mann does very well - even rationalising Eamonn Darcy's one, something David Leadbetter couldn't (bring himself to) do!

http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/backswing.htm

Which part of that am I supposed to be agreeing/disagreeing with?

Re-found this thread that identifies/explains the Positions/Alignments

http://thesandtrap.com/t/53724/the-ps-positions-or-as-alignments-in-the-golf-swing

Try to avoid the PO one! :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Over-rated as in I don't rate it very high... I just post, everyone else applies the ego.
Perhaps you should check the meaning of 'ego'. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ego

For both...

You don't you need to do either, unless you wish to. In which case you can do either - your choice.

Though it would be a surprise for you not to want to have the last word! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Though it would be a surprise for you not to want to have the last word! :rolleyes:

Thought it would be a surprise for you not to criticise something without actually having clue what you're talking about. Actually scrap that, it wasn't a surprise.

Everything in those two links support the video that I posted, unless you want to dispute that in a measured discussion. If not then I'm happy to have 'the last word' as you say.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Safety first, lego men should always wear a helmet when playing golf.

null_zpsbe12493b.jpg

You legend!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Thought it would be a surprise for you not to criticise something without actually having clue what you're talking about. Actually scrap that, it wasn't a surprise.

Everything in those two links support the video that I posted, unless you want to dispute that in a measured discussion. If not then I'm happy to have 'the last word' as you say.

:rofl:

Indeed, they do say the same - that was what what I was saying. No dispute, you should also read posts rather than simply considering them as disagreement/criticism.

Those links do explain it rather better imo. So there was criticism of the presentation, not what (I believe) you were attempting to get across.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seriously???? I thought adding the power accumulators, pressure points and the internal alignment relationship of the left arm flying wedge was a bit intense for a cigarette twirling video :mad: :smirk:

Try putting that vid of yours on YouTube and see what sort of comments you get about it!

Try to resist it this time! :rolleyes:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Try putting that vid of yours on YouTube and see what sort of comments you get about it!

It's on Youtube :thup:

Wow, just wow. I was under the spell of this illusion and once I did it properly my wrist set/club position is now is a MUCH better position. I never could get it right in the backswing, but I think I was misunderstanding this exact concept. Why have more people not talked about this?

That was a succinct explanation, Thanks for that!

Great explanation

Excellent video.

Good insights there, You are depicting the second half of backswing from the ASI perspective.

If there is forward swing thought is even half as good as this one, I'd love to hear it.

These are the comments I like taken from here http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/915155-the-real-arm-swing-illusion-made-with-real-cigarettes/ , and my inbox has gone ballistic there with thanks and questions.... from here (GM) I get "egotist!" :p

CrapHacker18

Club Champion
Visit site
TBH I'm just off to bed and my phone's up in the bedroom next to the mrs, so I think it may just get me kicked in the nuts if you ring now.

Just thought I'd sneak in unannounced and see what's changed. :mmm:

I'm free tomorrow lunchtime if that's any good ?????? :thup:

G'night

:ears:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's on Youtube :thup:

These are the comments I like taken from here http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/915155-the-real-arm-swing-illusion-made-with-real-cigarettes/ , and my inbox has gone ballistic there with thanks and questions.... from here (GM) I get "egotist!" :p

Here's a couple of not so enthusiastic ones that align with my comments...

'I thought I saw white powder specks on the table?'

'i'm sorry but either 1) you are ugly or 2) you want to remain anonymous, because explaining this would be so much more logical with an actual golf club and golfer. hopefully 2. '

'Drivel!......'

You are certainly correct about the back-swing not happening around (as opposed to a little behind) the back, but I'd be very surprised if there were many that thought that anyway.

But, as I stated in my first post, it doesn't simply flip from P2 vertically upward. I'm sure that the Swing Like a Pro guys had a track that proves that - just like the blue path in the downswing one in Mann's expose. To correct one illusion (the 180-270 degree/behind the back one), but introduce another (the vertical flip from P2) should not happen!

I wish you well improving the presentation and scripting in the next one though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.