How much money do you spend on practicing?

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So as the title goes, how much do you spend on practicing per week?

This could be a basket of balls at the range. If so how many and how much?

Maybe you go and play a few holes for a small price?

My practice per week probably costs me about £4.50. This is for 50 balls at my local range which also has a short game area which costs £10 per year to use that goes towards the maintenance of this facility.

Interested to hear everybody's routines and costs!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Erm....... nowt?

I may go to the range once or twice a year but otherwise use the facilities at the course. Haven't take lessons for ages but may do this year as our teaching pro is excellent so if you ask me again next year the answer may be different.

Copernicus

Club Champion
Visit site
£4 per basket of 100 at the range usually once per week maybe twice through the winter but never as soon as I can get enough light to practice after work as I use the practice ground at the club. Plus £40 per week one hour lesson with a pro (inside!) all year round.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to pay £40 a month for unlimited balls at my local range

ditched this few months ago and added £100 to a pre paid card.. still have £65 left (mainly due to protrace ruining the range by making it too busy to use)

joining a second range soon and taking advantage of their double your first top up offer.. £50 on a card to make it £100 credit and just use both ranges depending on time and if im traveling to and from work

prob will last me all year

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Free range balls at the club and then I have a practice bag with 40-50 of the same model yellow lake balls that I use when practicing at places where it is use your own balls.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
2-3 €, depending on how many balls I want to hit on the range (they come in small baskets of 25 balls for 1 € at my course). Most of my practice time I spend on the putting green, short game area and practice course which all allow me to use my own balls.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
About £4-8 a week depending if I can get to the range once or twice. During the summer I will be heading out for 9 holes at the course and reducing the range time. I also get a lesson about once a month which is £15.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wish our place did this. I guess it is hard to police though as a group of 4 mates could all chip in £10 for it and enjoy unlimited balls.

the machines are clever (ish) unlimited is no more than 6 baskets a day (so 6 x 120 is the max you can do) once you get a basket one cant be dispensed again using that card for 30 mins (prevents people passing the card to a mate)

have to admit a couple times ive met a mate down there and just got 120 balls between us ... however id still do that but now im on PAYG

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Throughout winter I have spent maybe around £6.70 per week at the range, over the next couple of weeks though I have 6 Golf Lessons booked in and I expect to do a lot more work at the course with the lighter nights.

Will see what happens with lessons but I don't expect to be at the Golf range anymore than once per week, so £6.70 for 100 balls will do me for now.

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wintry 57 is not saying he spends £1300. He was quoting a previous post where they said they spend £25 a week which is £1300 a year

Thanks Chris, yes wasnt too clear. I spend about £100 on social membership which includes practice ground and putting green plus a few quid here and there on practice aids.