How much joining did you pay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

How much joining fee did you pay on the most recent club you joined on a full member basis?

• 0 - £249

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • £249 - £499

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • £500 - £749

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • £750 - £1999

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • £1000 - £1249

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • £1250 - £1499

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • £1500 - £1749

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • £1750 - £2000

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • £2000 - £2499

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • £2500 to infinity

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£0

Very few clubs in my county have a joining fee
Nor many in adjoining counties either tbh
Close House have brought one in, BiL joined as a full member in October and had to pay it. The one at the racecourse, is it Northumberland gc, has one as well I believe although not certain. They are the only two I know of.

How does your place hold up in winter? Drain well?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Close House have brought one in, BiL joined as a full member in October and had to pay it. The one at the racecourse, is it Northumberland gc, has one as well I believe although not certain. They are the only two I know of.

How does your place hold up in winter? Drain well?

Whitley bay has joining fee too

How much was the close house joining fee, out of interest, it was a surprise when announced they were introducing one tbh

Drainage.....winter......I’ve only played 2 rounds of golf since November, for one reason or another, various issues, so can’t really pass comment
1 of those games was Sunday gone at Newcastle united golf club
So only 1 at Matfen , my home club

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't realise Whitley Bay had one. It has a pretty full membership though so they can warrant it. I really like it there, my kind of course.

I can't remember the fee. £750 comes to mind but I might be imagining that. I think he can spread it out but to be fair he has the money so I'm not worrying for him :D.

I have the impression that Matfen would drain well, it's well designed. I didn't know though, hence the question.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Havnt payed a joining fee , not sure I would as there is a wide choice around here and it's only the odd one out of the older clubs that still have one. Even then they are quite often happy to waive it. It just seems like one more barrier.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Didn't realise Whitley Bay had one. It has a pretty full membership though so they can warrant it. I really like it there, my kind of course.

I can't remember the fee. £750 comes to mind but I might be imagining that. I think he can spread it out but to be fair he has the money so I'm not worrying for him :D.

I have the impression that Matfen would drain well, it's well designed. I didn't know though, hence the question.

It’s £575, but you can pay it over 5 years.

WB is the nearest course to me, have thought about moving there, am more put off by the fact that it always seems rammed than by the joining fee. I drive past the car park 3-4 times a week and it’s always busy. Played there twice midweek and the pace was pretty slow due to the number of groups out.

There is an argument that what I’d save in petrol would cover the joining fee, but I’m happy to stay at Arcot as it’s generally a lot quieter.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was £1250 at Dartford payable over 5 years.
I left after 3 so never paid the full amount.
What really pissed me off was that in my third year they reduced it to £500 and I asked if they would waive the remainder, which they declined, but i left anyway as I was moving.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

Nothing. I got a great winter deal, paying £349 for December - 31st May, and should I wish to sign up for 12 months on the 1st June, they'll take the £349 off from the annual cost. So, 18 months membership for the cost of 12.