How much for lessons?

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
How much do you guys think I should be paying for an hours lesson?

I'm gonna grudge it but as soon as i start seeing improvements i'm sure it'll be the best money i've spent on this bloody game!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I spend £45 for an hours lesson, but usually pay for 3 at once and get the fourth free. Its money well spent mate, just make sure you get on with your pro and understand him.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
For some reason all of the pros near me charge very little for lessons. At my old course it was only £14.00 with a buy 3 get one free offer.

Suppose it varies alot depending on where you are in the country.

DCB

Visit site
I got 6 lessons for the cost of 5 when they were payed for up front. Gives you a better chance of organising things in a reasonable timeframe. Lesson, practice then next lesson and practice etc. Worked well for me this year. Probably going for another batch of lessons in the same manner.

as to cost, I cant remember, but it may well have worked out at £20 a time and that included video analysis.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my book, for an hour £25 is too little and over £35 is too much.
My pro asked for £18 for half an hour and we agreed on £80 for 6 x 1/2 hours.
I find pros a bit optimistic about what they are "worth", like all these things, most charge what the market will accept. The best thing to do is try to roll up a set for a slightly cheaper price.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£25 per hour for me.

That maybe to do with them sometimes being on a range with a smashed car in the corner. It looks like something out of Mad Max they supposedly use it when the tractor breaks down!!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not unless you've got a 45 degree hook andi :D

It's tucked away in the far left corner of the range,they've got a rusty 15 foot wide basket with a flag sticking out at 100 yards (it kinda looks like a sunken pirate ship) for target practice.

It does however use white balls, it's £4.50 for 110 (not bad in Liverpool) and on Saturday a guy said "nice" to his mate as I hit the 200 yard sign with my 5 iron!

(Needless to say i sent the next one scuttling along the floor :D)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Varies a lot round here, £18 - £45 for 30 mins (though the dearest is with a GM top 25 and national coach). They all do packages, which also vary 5 for 4 at one, 6 for 5 at another.

They had a good idea running this 'summer', a package of group lessons for adults aimed at beginners and 'improvers', as well as the kids summer schools. I think this has gone well as I have seen the pro's out with several small groups, a lot of them ladies. Only problem was that this run during the day so for those that work. . .