How much does your membership cost?

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We've just had out annual membership subs email sent out and i'm feeling a bit peed off...

This years subs £490, 2008 subs were £460. I wouldn't be too bothered about another £30 rise but for next year they want to charge £590!!!

£100 extra in one year is taking the mikey!

I know there are a lot of you who will be paying more, especially down south, but my club is in Edinburgh and there's a lot of competition and our club has always been seen as one of the more affordable. There's been a lot of work done recently, but we've always been assured that the members would never be levied for this!

I've been thinking about leaving for a while and joining somewhere closer to home (i drive 20 miles each way to play there), but my mind is 100% made up now. Shame, as it's a great social club and lovely course.

How much do your subs go up each year?

Shame

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
This year just over 1K next year if I stay at the club £1850 (change to senior membership) if I move to Foxhills £2850.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
This year from memory was about £610 plus £50 bar levy. Not sure they will be able to hold that next year with all the services and rent going up.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi mate,

I pay £670 a year no join fee. If I get a mate to join next year they will do us a couple membership (as a incentive) which means my fee will drop to £520 a year.

Cheers

Midnight.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jeez, I am glad I don't play in Surrey.

Watford, circa 1000 for an 18 hole course, practice ground, chipping ground, practice bunker, practice green, superb club house, and indoor paractice nets.

I would happily pay 1300 if they would get rid of all the societies though. Not much chance of that happening.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi mate,

I pay £670 a year no join fee. If I get a mate to join next year they will do us a couple membership (as a incentive) which means my fee will drop to £520 a year.

Cheers

Midnight.

What a great idea to increase membership.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£800 + £70 Bar levy.
Quality course, Historic Clubhouse, few problems with Societies, so I'm happy at that.

There's been uproar at another local club this year, after they spent £95K on Clubhouse refurb, which was promised to not affect Subs.
refurb is awful, and they put subs up by over 15% this year, and members left in droves apparently in disgust.

Seems little unrest at my own place, or for that matter problems with Membership numbers.

B

birdieman

£210/yr on a scenic and half decent course.
Good value these days.

2 or 3 holes to be lengthened this winter which is great news as it's a bit short at 6059 yds. They need to make the rough 'rougher' imo too.

T

thecraw

£710 + £50 bar levy.

Good course, can almost always walk onto the first tee and best haggis burgers in the west!

Rothesay is £220 country member! My little bolt hole.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
annual fees are are 800 this year inc insurance and GUI membership. It seems clubs dont up membership by 5 or 10 quid any more, its 50 and 100 quid leaps.

piratepete

Hacker
Visit site
I pay £49.99,for the Crown Smart card membership,this gives all the member facilities,h/c,comps, etc, however, I have to pay green fees (reduced rates)this also allows me to play other Crown courses,this works for me because I can't commit to playing once a week and definately can't afford 700-grand for club membership,and the missus would certainly throw the toys out of the pram if I did

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
£480 + £50 bar levy not bad for a quality course i can play all year with no mats or temp greens in the winter.
Always open to you guys if you want a game

Stevenc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£480 + £50 bar levy not bad for a quality course i can play all year with no mats or temp greens in the winter.

Thats excellent for Scotscraig - i assumed it'd be about £700.

I assume there will be a huge joining fee?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

No steven ,its £500 split over 5 years so basically £100 a year and thers no waiting list.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd imagine ours to be around the £750 mark this coming year. Once again, almost unheard of not to be able to walk onto the 1st tee and not be able to play within 15 mins or so.

Stevenc

Assistant Pro
Visit site

No steven ,its £500 split over 5 years so basically £100 a year and thers no waiting list.

So for a new member (if there were no yearly increases) the first 5 years would be £580?