How much does your membership cost?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Really toying with the idea of becoming a "full" member next year now that the club have recently done away with the joining fee.
My current "Fairways" membership costs me £275.00 up front followed by 9 monthly payments of £35.00. This allows me to play 25 games a year and also allows me to enter medals, stablefords etc. but no board comps. There has never been a joining fee with this category of membership.
Full membership is currently £841.00 which can be paid over 10 months @ £89.00 per month. Obviously I would be able to enter every competition going then, and also play in club matches, (if selected), something which I cannot do as a Fairways member.
So it's only costing me £300.00 more over the year and I don't have the £275.00 up front payment to make.
I think I also qualify for 10% off the cost of annual membership for every year I've been a Fairways member, so as long as they haven't done away with that benefit when they dropped the joining fee, I would actually save another £84.00.
Bit of a "no brainer" really.....
;)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I may sound thick but what's a bar levy? I'm paying £630 for the year full membership in a mid range club, South Leeds. If I want to join one of the many top notch Leeds clubs it is over £1000 that's if I can get in due to social standing.

T

thecraw

Bar levy is prepaid beer tokens. Its just another way of guarenteeing income to the golf club. We all pay £50.

I can use mine on food as well.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got notification of the fees for next year they have put them up from £480 to £520 and reduced the bar levy from £50 to £20 so in reality its went up £10.

The £50 bar levy was ok because we use it everytime we play ,it can be used for food which we get a 12% discount on so is a good idea ,but to reduce to £20 IMO is to make the car park golfer happy and those who dont spend a penny in the club happy as well (bawbags).

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found this thread, just before I started another one. phew - at least I will not get chastised. :rolleyes:

Our fees are £720 with no bar levy. This can be paid by DD over 8 months for a small fee. The joining fee is £1000 and can be paid over the course of your first year.

The course is a links / heathland on the West coast of Scotland and has hosted final qualifying for the Open in recent years. This year it held the Ladies Amateur Home International series and is cohosting the British Boys next year. Course is generally very good with full greens all year. Traditional club house with good bar and catering facilities and friendly and well stocked pro shop. Really delighted to have been a member here for 5 years now and my only regret is not applying to join sooner.

We currently have a waiting list for membership of around 3 years. Many other local clubs are crying out for new members, offering discounts, no joining fee etc.

How are other clubs coping ?

Check out the website to have a nosey.

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our fees are £460 and again can be paid by D/D. Joining fee is £195. We now have a waiting list again after a short period without one.

Last year quite a few members left in protest due to proposals for a funding a new/redevelopment of the clubhouse.

The clubhouse redevelopment is now close to completion and will be finished in the next few weeks.

There is talk of two local clubs being in severe financial difficulty and many other clubs in Fife have no waitng lists/joining fees and are desperate for new members.

Just get in touch if you fancy a game.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Green fee £400/5-day (£575/7-day) plus £30 club fee (as an official old f*rt).

Thinking of moving though if the price is right to a course with more variation in the landscaping.