How much does your membership cost?

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I pay 760 for me and the girlfriend because we are under 26 when i joined,not checked yet but i think its around the £1100 mark for us both next year

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
£58 per month for a course that is in good playable condition year round, with no winter tees/greens. And that amount hasn't changed since I joined 4 years ago.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£530 for me.

10% off at the bar and shop but no reduction for guests.

You pay around that for muni's around here so not a bad deal (busy on a weekend though)

Talk of a reduction next year and making it compulsory for all contract holders to be members by reducing the fee to £450.(Or adding £20 onto some peoples bill)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think Highwoods are planning on doing away with the joining fee for full membership next year but I don't play enough there to warrant it. I'll stay with my cheapie fairways membership... ;) ;) ;)

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ours around £580 with £50 been a bar bill.

Not to bad you may think although there is a meeting to put them up by £30 tomoz night due to the staff at the club wanting a pay rise!!! In the current climate this seem a little bit of a joke.

pigmeister

Assistant Pro
johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Ours is £825 this year, going up to £845 next year. 36 holes, super club house, changing facilities, practice ground and excellent pro shop. We don`t have a bar levy. Societies can be a nuisance at times but they are a necessary evil these days i`m afraid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its £1300 which is for unlimited golf and includes a £50 bar levy and £60 locker rental. Our club is deferring the joining fee which can be paid in two instalments and also offers the chance to pay via DD and spread the cost over ten months.

If a member nominates a new joiner they get an extra £100 credit onto their card. As the plan is to start using the swipe cards to pay for entry fees and eventually for gear in the pro shop then it could be a good deal

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got to join our club this year for 1000€ green fees and membership all in... They done an offer this year on account of the recession that if you already had an existing family member in the club that 1000€ could be paid in 6 monthly instalments which i think is a great idea.....
If you have no family the membership fee would be 1700€ and your 1st year green fees would be 650€....
It pays to have family playing :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
£500 a year for 5-day membership. I think 7-day is over 700 but I can barely play a weekend so 5-day works for me.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the low prices some of the Scottish guys pay it's no wonder a lot of them are members at two, sometimes three different clubs!
Makes ya sick

I've got a 'Limited Play' membership at Swanston, which is essentially a 20 round ticket for £245. That fee includes all medals etc and maintenance of your handicap. The only restriction is that you can't tee off before noon at the weekends. It's going up to £275 for 2010, but even the Munis in Edinburgh charge £18.50 per round.

I also recently joined Gifford, which is a lovely 9 hole parkland course down in East Lothian. There was an initial joining fee of £300 and the annual subs for full membership this year were £195!!

So, next year, I will only be paying something of the order of £500 for membership of two clubs! :cool: :D

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently £1,224 (plus 2x as joining fee) but going up by £306 (25%) next year.

But then the cost that the club has to pay for the lease of the course is going up from £1000 per year to £170,000 per year - so I guess we pays or we lose the course...

B

birdieman

With the low prices some of the Scottish guys pay it's no wonder a lot of them are members at two, sometimes three different clubs!
Makes ya sick

I only get 7 months of a full course for the £210, other 5 months is a mix of closed (frost/snow) or temp greens and tees. :( Its normally too cold or wet or dark for winter golf anyway. If we get a mild spell and I've got bad cabin fever then I'll give it a few holes.

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
From memory about £450, all in including £30 bar levy, insurance etc... and I pay an extra £30 per year for a locker. I'm also thinking of joining Royal North Devon as a non resident member for £250.