How many will submit “Qualfying Cards”

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Will you submit cards outside of Comps and how many

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

When they talked about the introduction of WHS a lot of the talk was about it being more reflective of your playing ability and it also allows everyone to put a card in anytime they play

So simple question

We will you be submitting cards in for HC outside comps or just carry on playing social golf

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
For me, it will be about opportunity, mood and form. If I get some sunny days and I'm feeling good I'll likely go for it a few times a year. But then again I may just want a good old chilled round of golf in those circumstances.

Great to have all this made so much easier to do under WHS (y)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will be submitting cards when playing on our fiddle whens it's individual and probably do some 9 hole cards with SM.
Used to submit a card 80% of the time when in NZ and still had very enjoyable social golf

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I submitted a couple of supplementary cards last summer when I was playing well and I may do so again, but in the main my handicap will be based on competition rounds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As I'll be playing 2 or 3 times a week ,once everything has settled down, I suspect I'll play a couple of comps a month and put in at least a couple of others per month.

yandabrown

Visit site
Assuming that we get to play comps again soon (no reason to think we won't) then I will continue with the 16-20 per year, that's enough to keep my handicap realistic I think.

D

Deleted Member 1156

As I'll be playing 2 or 3 times a week ,once everything has settled down, I suspect I'll play a couple of comps a month and put in at least a couple of others per month.
Pretty much this for me too I reckon.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's a no from me. Regardless of the new system, to me, my handicap is off the back tees, in a comp, with comp pins and course prep, in a field where everyone playing is in the comp.
It's not a Friday pm knock with some mates where half the field are playing hit and giggle, the greens haven't been ironed, after a couple of Peronis. Probably got mowers out also.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
From April to October we run a 9-hole Wednesday evening roll up with a handicap adjustment system to "punish" money winners. Last year, of course, the roll up aspect disappeared with the needs of the covid restrictions on social gatherings so that names had to be inserted in advance to the BRS booking system. With WHS now in place, I took a vote on whether we should abandon the Wednesday handicap adjustments and run them as 9-hole counting competitions.

I have to say that I was surprised at the unanimous decision to run them as counting/qualifiers.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My buddy will probably want to throw a few in so if he’s in I might as well, other than that I’ve not much interest- rather play comp golf under comp conditions for something like a medal or cup. That’s what my handicap is to me. But no issue with people putting one in every day! Whatever floats your boat ?? Social rounds are just that for me, if I want to throw down another ball after a bad shot and try again it’s nice to have the option.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I said no because I play in almost every comp run at weekends and am quite likely to play in more vets comps when one if my regular playing mates joins the vets in July, so casual rounds are more for practice.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No from me simply because in a normal year I play in 25 or more comps so there is no need.

When it will be interesting is when we a get a request for a handicap review and the player gets told they need 20 scores in their record for us to alter their handicap.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not joining a club this year but had I been I would probably have put in a fair few general play scores. I like the fact that you don't need to wait until comp days to put in a score, so any social rounds I would have got scores in instead would allow for far more counting rounds which would reflect my play.