How many rounds?

Read post #1 before voting!

• Total voters

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a waiting list for men, number of visitors allowed to play the course have been reduced and we also have a joining fee.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
It works out at 22 rounds to break even but being able to turn up and play when I like even when the clubhouse is shut means it's totally irrelevant to me but I easily play twice that over the year.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
OK fair enough, well not having been at Blackmoor long I can only go by what the website says which is..."Visitors are very welcome during the week" which makes it sound like they aren't allowed at weekends which doesn't sound right. It also says the green fee is £60 from April first but not mention of a winter green fee.

However, since I like to play early Saturday mornings at a time visitors wouldn't be allowed, my membership is value for money to me as soon as I hit my first tee shot at 8am on a Saturday.

Visitors can only play with a member at the weekend, which is the same with a lot of local clubs. I know the guest rate playing with a member goes down a little in the winter, so I imagine it must also reduce when not playing with a member during the week. Playing with a a member is usually about £25 in the summer, so good value.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
if i just played in summer id only have to play six and a half times;)

This seems to be a Scottish feature where visitors'green fees effectively subsidise the member's subs. If we tried to do that there would be so many visitors that the 700 members would complain about not being able to get out onto the course, it sometimes happens already.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This seems to be a Scottish feature where visitors'green fees effectively subsidise the member's subs. If we tried to do that there would be so many visitors that the 700 members would complain about not being able to get out onto the course, it sometimes happens already.

Visitors don't subsidies Nairn, they do at Royal Dornoch they get between 10 and 15 k visitors we get a quarter of that.
our green fee is the going rate for a Championship Links that held all the top Amateur comps in the UK

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Visitors can only play with a member at the weekend, which is the same with a lot of local clubs. I know the guest rate playing with a member goes down a little in the winter, so I imagine it must also reduce when not playing with a member during the week. Playing with a a member is usually about £25 in the summer, so good value.

Thanks Richard. This means my answer to the poll is one, since it wouldn't be possible for me to play Blackmoor as a visitor every weekend without knowing a member who could sign me in every week (and I suspect questions would be asked if that happened) and I most certainly couldn't play at my preferred time.