How many hybrids do you carry?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Have a 3, 4 & 5 hybrid but its rare if more than one is in the bag for any individual round. I just pick which one (I think) is most suitable for the wind/weather and course I'm playing that day

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
None as I don’t like the look of them.

I’ve got driver, 3 wood, 7 wood then a mongrel of a long iron - it’s stamped 3 but I had it delofted and put a 1 iron shaft in it

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Callaway Apex 5 & 4... Epic Heaven/Hell wood & a 3 Wood..... overlaps???..... don't know as all go different distances every time.:oops::oops:

D

Deleted member 1147

1 , and I’m not a fan.
Thinking of changing it for a 3 iron and 5 wood (dropping a wedge to accommodate).

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Three although the 17* is out in favour of a 4iron. If I can find a 7w I could be tempted to drop another hybrid. No particular reason other than I enjoy tinkering

Driver
4w (16.5*)
17*, 20* and 23* hybrids
5i down.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
3 wood and a 4 hybrid for me.

I own a 3 hybrid but its better as a summer fairway finder for me, not enough roll out this time of year!

Why do people drop their 3 woods in winter? With my driver not going quite so far I'm hitting mine more than ever?!

D

Deleted member 29109

Two at the minute. I don’t carry a fairway wood, so use 16* in place of a 3/5 wood and a 20*.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
4 wood at 16.5 degree then I go to 4 iron at 21.

Occasionally I'll drop my 56 degree wedge and put in a 3 iron.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No hybrids in the bag just now, although I own a 2 and a 3.

Bag currently goes driver - 3 wood - 5 wood - 4 iron, although the 5 wood gets dropped for a 2 iron in the "summer". The 3 hybrid might occasionally make an appearance but that's getting more and more rare.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Have a 3, 4 & 5 hybrid but its rare if more than one is in the bag for any individual round. I just pick which one (I think) is most suitable for the wind/weather and course I'm playing that day
Is it not a distance thing ?
Is that strategy no a bit like saying you have irons 5 to PW, but bring one according to the day ?
Or do you have irons down to 3 or 4, and that hybrid overlaps distance wise with them, and is more for particular shots ?
My hybrids simply replaced low irons gradually. Swap out an iron for a hybrid. And am now up to 5i no longer in the bag, 5h instead.