Do hybrids need custom fit?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Probably a silly question but I've got a set of G425's 5-PW on order, steel shafts, 3 degrees upright and lengthened by an inch. My understanding is you wouldn't really lengthen or change the lie angle of a driver or 3-wood, but what about hybrids? could I reasonably expect to give a G425 hybrid (and/or other brands) off the shelf a hit or would I also need to get it ordered to the same 3 deg upright, 1 inch lengthened as the irons?

I'd probably be looking at a hybrid around 18-20 degrees in loft if that makes a difference?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sure, the physics of the wrong lie matter just as much in a hybrid as on another club. Too much toed up and it closes the face, too much toe down opens it. Are you sure you need 3 degrees up and an inch long? More length usually needs flatter lie (because it is further away from you). What kind of freakish shape are you?

RichA

Visit site
They might suit you perfectly, but I couldn't use a G425 hybrid. It was too flat and can only be adjusted to make it flatter.
My G425 irons are 2° upright and +0.5".

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Checking adjuster settings Rich A is right there is no adjustment for upright lie.
The question comes can you even buy them with a more upright lie in the first place.
If you have not bought them yet and it is important to you I would look a Titliest, the adapters offer full adjustability without changing the face angle or TM which has an upright lie setting.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My irons are 3 upright and 1/2 inch longer.

Ive never struggled hitting off the shelf hybrids. I use a 3 off the tee and a 4 in rough and off fairways.

I dont carry a wood so cant comment on those really - never seem to strike them well!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got a new G425 4H with a slightly cut down regular shaft and been struggling getting going with it. It’s all to do with my address and hands position. It looks and feels very different to my Cleveland Launcher 3i 20.5 stiff shaft hybrid. But that worked for me with my ‘old’ address and swing. I’m learning new, and it’s taking time…but I’m confident that the custom fitting and the club will work for me in time, and with a load of practice.

Boomy

Visit site
100% ignore comments from people who don’t know you or your actual requirements/fitting measurements etc but are happy to guess the answer, and instead speak to a pro or ideally the pro/fitter who set you up for the irons.