How many consecutive cuts?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So my aim this year was to get down to 12 handicap from starting at 14.5.

4 qualifying competitions later and I have managed to get cut down to 12.2.

I have been cut in every one of the qualifying competitions I have played in. Nothing really spectacular in any of the rounds but have been really consistent. My putting and short game have improved drastically after my trip to Portugal where I spent around 5 hours over the weekend practicing my short game.

Got our monthly medal this weekend and expecting the cut train to end abruptly but how many consecutive cuts have you managed?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So my aim this year was to get down to 12 handicap from starting at 14.5.

4 qualifying competitions later and I have managed to get cut down to 12.2.

I have been cut in every one of the qualifying competitions I have played in. Nothing really spectacular in any of the rounds but have been really consistent. My putting and short game have improved drastically after my trip to Portugal where I spent around 5 hours over the weekend practicing my short game.

Got our monthly medal this weekend and expecting the cut train to end abruptly but how many consecutive cuts have you managed?

i went from 24 to 12 in about 3 months, not sure how many consecutive it was though. No ESR's in Scotland just cuts pretty much every week. at that time i only played a comp on a Wednesday, with no weekend golf. Kicking myself for that kept winning a roll up stableford and winning a few quid, when i could have been getting decent prizes in opens. Didn't know any better though.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only the 1 for me unfortunately. Good shooting from you tho, keep it up no reason why you can't make it 5 this weekend.

Playing tonight and hope to be able to put 2 consistent 9's together.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i went from 24 to 12 in about 3 months, not sure how many consecutive it was though. No ESR's in Scotland just cuts pretty much every week. at that time i only played a comp on a Wednesday, with no weekend golf. Kicking myself for that kept winning a roll up stableford and winning a few quid, when i could have been getting decent prizes in opens. Didn't know any better though.

Great effort!

I haven't had an ESR either as need to shoot -4 handicap twice to trigger it.

haha! I know what you mean. I have lifted about £180 in vouchers this year and a 4 ball voucher at a local club. Some of those were before qualifying though.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only the 1 for me unfortunately. Good shooting from you tho, keep it up no reason why you can't make it 5 this weekend.

Playing tonight and hope to be able to put 2 consistent 9's together.

Hopefully! Finally finding some consistency but the irons are still iffy, just not getting punished for them as they are straight but thin bullets. Had a lesson last night and a few things to work on to help sort it out.

Good luck tonight and hope you shoot well!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Great effort!

I haven't had an ESR either as need to shoot -4 handicap twice to trigger it.

haha! I know what you mean. I have lifted about £180 in vouchers this year and a 4 ball voucher at a local club. Some of those were before qualifying though.

i then joint a links course from what i would describe as and easy parkland and moved my handicap, took my a couple of years to lean how to play there TBH

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I went from a 21 handicap to a 11 handicap in a couple of months a few years ago then time away ,kids work ect got in the way a bit so currently sit at a 12 cap.my goal now is to get down into singles ,I played 9 holes with the club pro on Tuesday and it was a eye opener to say the least he approaches the game totally different to me.It proved to me how essential a solid pre shot routeen is and alignment but especially making a bad miss still give you a opportunity at getting up and down .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
about 6 for me

16 to 8 in under 3 months when I first left work and played without work being on my mind for the first 5/6 holes.

Less though than the number of consecutive 0.1 increases.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed 7 (March 11 2012 until July 1st 2012) and went from from 13.3 to 10.9.Then had 0.1 back and then right out and got a cut to 9.8. If only I could have bottled that magic back then. What I'd give for another run like that