How I've missed my remote!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My remote control trolley has been in for a repair & I have had a non remote on loan. I hate it, having to handle it all the way round, it never being in a convenient place when walking off the green. It's made me really appreciate the remote, so much more relaxing. I guess I'm just accustomed to it but I'd never go back to a conventional trolley.

Do other remote users feel the same way?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Felt the complete opposite.

Found a remote trolley to be incredibly annoying, and a pain in the backside.

Thankfully was able to trade it in against a ‘manual’ electric trolley and it’s much more preferable

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
They're not for me. Geezer I played this week had one, and while it seemed convenient that he could leave it in the fairway while he looked for his ball in the trees, then 'call it over', I do feel like he was more focused on the trolley than the next golf shot.
Yes many's the time I too fluff shots thinking about my trolley.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Also I don't think anyone has not looked ridiculous with one 🤣
I think the ridiculous ship sailed long ago with the invention of the very first trolley personally. Imagine the first time a golfer strapped his bag to a set of wheels and pulled it round the course. Oh how they must have laughed. Pull to push to electric to remote, no subsequent innovation seems as ridiculous as the first one to me.

Love my remote trolley. Bring on the ridicule 🙂

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A great Combo of Sherry casked Malt & Kirkstalll IPA

Attachments

• 20240629_210007_compress61.jpg
    20240629_210007_compress61.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 3

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They're not for me. Geezer I played this week had one, and while it seemed convenient that he could leave it in the fairway while he looked for his ball in the trees, then 'call it over', I do feel like he was more focused on the trolley than the next golf shot.
Yeah this is my impression somewhat. Just toys for bigger boys with some people. Whatever makes you happy though eh?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think the ridiculous ship sailed long ago with the invention of the very first trolley personally. Imagine the first time a golfer strapped his bag to a set of wheels and pulled it round the course. Oh how they must have laughed. Pull to push to electric to remote, no subsequent innovation seems as ridiculous as the first one to me.

Love my remote trolley. Bring on the ridicule 🙂

Here you go.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember playing once when a guy in the group behind us had one. I don't know if he was showing off or not, but regularly when we were on the tee and teeing off, his trolley would trundle down the path towards us causing a distraction whilst he was waiting on the previous green. It got very close to being tipped over by one particular player in our group!

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember playing once when a guy in the group behind us had one. I don't know if he was showing off or not, but regularly when we were on the tee and teeing off, his trolley would trundle down the path towards us causing a distraction whilst he was waiting on the previous green. It got very close to being tipped over by one particular player in our group!
Turning the power off in such a situation would be appropriate. Then watching them fiddling with the remote trying to get it going again is hilarious!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After nearly being poleaxed by a remote trolley coming around a corner at speed while the operator was 20 yards away and couldn't see me - I'm more than a might wary of those that use them....