How did it go

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Weird day - every par was a good drive, awful second shot, brilliant third shot, 6ft away max.
Drives were a mix of superb ( for me) and topped?
Hybrids - started badly and gradually got straighter with each shot.
Irons - generally left apart from wedge or 9i which all ended close to the pin.

Greens were much better than I expected so roll on tomorrow.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Disappointed in the condition of the course, being as it has been unplayed for months. Played OK (for me, that is) ... three really good holes, three disastrous holes and the rest average. Happy to be out there again ... and in the sun too.

4LEX

Visit site
After thinking I was prime Tiger for a few months playing in a net I bladed my first shot on the range! It gradually improved and played pretty well! Under 74 which was my target.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played as well as I was playing in December...awful. 6 points front nine, 10 points back nine. Although the course looks green and lush, it was very wet still in places.

D

Deleted member 15344

Disappointed in the condition of the course, being as it has been unplayed for months. Played OK (for me, that is) ... three really good holes, three disastrous holes and the rest average. Happy to be out there again ... and in the sun too.

What exactly disappointed you about the conditions of the course considering the winter and early spring we have had and the lack of warm weather to help the growth ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

As if getting out for 18 holes of golf and banter with the lads wasn’t already fantastic enough... I get home and the Mrs says “fish & chips for supper, my treat” That’s not a cod it’s a shark ? (and yes that’s her mug in the background, much easier to agree ?) View attachment 35891
That is actually making me hungry ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Great being out in the sunshine and swinging a club again. Played better than expected, 41 for the front. Got a bit tired carrying, a couple of double bogeys at the start of the back nine resulted in 44 back. Thought the course looked great, still a bit soft in parts on the back, and the greens were slow, but can see the work the green staff have been doing, just bloody great to be out and and playing again.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Chuffed for the Scottish lad who dropped in with us. He won with 41 points. However one of the other guys who normally plays with us finished last with 18 points ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It was a bit of a prod and it went about 220yds up right side of fairway...

Played 13 holes by myself and with 2 balls - course in lovely condition and didn’t once did I have a dodgy fairway lie. All went well until an unmentionable with one tee shot on the last I played. Just about scraped a par with it. Typical. But played my dodgy run of holes - 6 through 9 - in level par with the two balls. 6 pars, a bogey and a birdie. Sweet.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played quite well yesterday.
Only problem was normally I am pretty good from 80yds but just couldn’t get it right long or short.
Bit of fusarium scaring on greens but course was good.

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
Beyond the state of their game, how did people's bodies and related aches and pains react after the last couple of months of enforced hibernation?
I've put on a 2 kg and feel as stiff as a board, even before hitting anything.