How did it go

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My relatively newly arthritic knee is holding up pretty well.
Still feel it a bit at times but the brace is working wonders.
Everything else is as normal.....ie completely shot...:ROFLMAO:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over lockdown I did a fair bit of weight training to build up my back.

Today my legs were killing me ?

RichA

Visit site
Red kites, kestrels and skylarks seem to be thriving - my golf, not so much. Such a beautiful day that I can't quite bring myself to worry about it too much.
If it's the same tomorrow I might not be quite so chipper.

D

Deleted member 3432

Freezing cold first thing and temps rose to the dizzy heights of 11.5 degrees in a nice 3 club wind. Needless to say the jacket never came off but it was dry!

Really enjoyed getting back out there and hit the irons as well I have in the last 3 or 4 years.

Shocking off the tee, topped a few but it was coming back towards the end and an hour on the practice ground after the round has sorted it out, just hanging back too much.

Couple of birdies and generally rolled it well on the greens so mainly positives to come from it.

No growth as yet on the course, couple of fairways with evidence of rabbits enjoying themselves but generally looking good considering the lack of any sort of decent weather as yet this year. I would imagine we will be on preferred lies throughout April but this is not unusual. Some superb looking work done on a number of bunker faces, greenstaff starting to fill them with sand this morning although best avoided as they are 'big boys' proper deep links bunkers.

16th green looks totally different with all the gorse removed from around it, just as well as I went through the back with a very well struck 8 iron that I didn't think I would get past pin high :eek:

Loving the Srixon irons, 2nd game with them and they are sweet :cool:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Freezing cold first thing and temps rose to the dizzy heights of 11.5 degrees in a nice 3 club wind. Needless to say the jacket never came off but it was dry!

Really enjoyed getting back out there and hit the irons as well I have in the last 3 or 4 years.

Shocking off the tee, topped a few but it was coming back towards the end and an hour on the practice ground after the round has sorted it out, just hanging back too much.

Couple of birdies and generally rolled it well on the greens so mainly positives to come from it.

No growth as yet on the course, couple of fairways with evidence of rabbits enjoying themselves but generally looking good considering the lack of any sort of decent weather as yet this year. I would imagine we will be on preferred lies throughout April but this is not unusual. Some superb looking work done on a number of bunker faces, greenstaff starting to fill them with sand this morning although best avoided as they are 'big boys' proper deep links bunkers.

16th green looks totally different with all the gorse removed from around it, just as well as I went through the back with a very well struck 8 iron that I didn't think I would get past pin high :eek:

Loving the Srixon irons, 2nd game with them and they are sweet :cool:
you would have felt right at home here today, played the Kings and it was blowing a gale and raining on and off all morning:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

you would have felt right at home here today, played the Kings and it was blowing a gale and raining on and off all morning:LOL:

Seriously, if its flat calm and hot I am useless.....

Need some sort of breeze or its just weird.

I remember chatting to some very low handicap lads from another course in the county a few years back. They went to see a biomechanical swing coach and he couldn't believe far left all of them were leaning at address....

He asked if it was windy where they played :ROFLMAO:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
34 points. Crap round the greens but the Driver was on fire, hitting huge compared to pre lockdown.

5 Hour round wasn't ideal. But the sun was out and it was 22C. (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
First outing with the seniors this morning. I had to repremand a clown for trying to bustle into the starters hut (very small shed) where I was and the sweet old lady who look the dosh, which didn't go down well with him. Then repremand another bloke who saw that I was a newbie (again still in the starters hut) who was trying to shake my had and explain all about the group.
As I said to the old dear, I've waited five months to play and the course is used by loads of walkers and it only needs one to report the club and poooof, course shut and no golf.

Shhhheeesh.

Carp round after a par on the tricky first. Monster drive that split the fairway on second and one of playing partners saying "ooooo we're with a golfer today". 22pts......

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. I live in West Sussex and, until 1995, I lived in London. I inherited Norwich City from my dad, who came from Norfolk. I have been to Carrow Road numerous times, but never played golf in Norfolk. Are you up there?

Funnily enough, as a fellow Canary, I also inherited my connections to the Fine City having never lived there, or in Norfolk, myself. A frequent Carrow Road visitor and have persuaded my family it’s a great holiday destination we go every summer and stay near Holt.

I’ve played Sheringham a few times and I love it, and there are plenty of other belting tracks up that way too that I’m yet to sample. Maybe this year as I’m going again in July.

I must say, I’m keen to see what Royal Norwich has to offer too when the opportunity allows, although might have to try and find a member to sign me in at the prices I’m seeing at the moment.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not bad played in a four ball I had it in mind to just to use it as practise but my mate wanted to play me in match play. The other two weren’t bothered so I won that on the last hole. The club had put out some tables and chairs in front of the club house over looking the 18th and my mate had brought a couple of cans each (I had one) so happy to sit and have a conversation with others.

D

Deleted member 1147

Just played a quick 9.
Shot a steady 37 (+1), for 18 points.
3 putt par on the first, a couple of birdies and 3 rather routine bogeys.

Best part was spanking my drive down the first, middle of the fairway and a good long way down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fabulous 10 holes in very pleasant conditions. Drove it well, 100yds and in decent. Greens are woolly so no point stressing about the putting. Just great to be out.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Par on the first, bogey on the second, steadily downhill from there. Its amazing how my first shot after nearly a year was by far the best.

It was just nice to be out in the sun, playing golf and having good conversation.

eddie_1878

Visit site
First game on my new course, it wasn’t great but only 10 more than my last pre-lockdown score isn’t too bad and was to be expected...I’ll aim to beat that tomorrow and carry on the trend into the summer!

The good- putting was really good, 100-50 yard game was good/great at times.

The bad- this very unwelcome slice I’ve developed during lockdown meant almost every tee shot went right, regardless of the club! Chipping was poor.

Great day all in all...course in really good nick, weather couldn’t have been better, the members at the club all seem spot on ??

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played the front 9. It was ok considering I walked straight from the car to the 1st tee and hit a drive without even a practice swing. Hit some nice shots when committed to the swing changes I've been trying to work on. But lost a couple straight right due to a combination of timing and alignment.

The course is still quite wet and bare in places, and the greens were very bumpy after being spiked and dressed so putting was a lottery.

The weather was perfect. Unusually for this part of the world, there was hardly a breath of wind. The midges were out in force.

In the end I shot 44 including a pair of very annoying 3 putt doubles on 7 and 8.