How did it go

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh dear! That went very, very, very badly.

I only took one picture because from the first tee onwards all my time was spent playing like a clown towards a gross 99. It was great to be in a medal again, the weather was glorious but I fear it’s going to be a long time before I can play to handicap off the black tees again. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 35982
Eden looking superb as always ?

Boomy

Visit site
Another day of military golf... but 3 shots better than yesterday so I’m happy with that. To be fair with views and holes like below you’d struggle not to be smiling ? (ended up in a bunker with no stance, big fat 7 on a par 3 but hey)

419BC22F-2956-47C8-95BB-A8689B14DF8B.jpeg

D

Deleted member 3432

Another day of military golf... but 3 shots better than yesterday so I’m happy with that. To be fair with views and holes like below you’d struggle not to be smiling ? (ended up in a bunker with no stance, big fat 7 on a par 3 but hey)

View attachment 35987
I love this hole, requires total comittment with the wind in your face.

Fot those who have not played the course there are 7 bunkers just waiting for your ball, you can't see them all off the tee and they are all deep boogers :ROFLMAO:

Boomy

Visit site
I love this hole, requires total comittment with the wind in your face.

Fot those who have not played the course there are 7 bunkers just waiting for your ball, you can't see them all off the tee and they are all deep boogers :ROFLMAO:

Deep and not very wide boogers! Completely wrecked my card ? well front nine anyway ? Cracking day for a knock though!

D

Deleted member 3432

Deep and not very wide boogers! Completely wrecked my card ? well front nine anyway ? Cracking day for a knock though!

I was in the back right one on Tuesday, the only one that was in play, the greenstaff were putting sand in the others :oops:

Pulled a decent lie although it was towards the back of the bunker so at least got it on the green....

Had 3 greenstaff dashing over to rake it for me (y)

Daveg99

Visit site
My first round back after lockdown was at the fantastic JCB golf club in uttoxeter. After 30 minutes on the range I was pleasantly surprised with how I felt.

I finished on a very respectful 84 which I was more than happy with considering lockdown, new clubs and a tough course!

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Well I have real issues. Have hardly hit a ball for two years. Had a back injury in mid summer 19 so had to stop. Then came back last spring in quite good form. Shot 85, & 75, before Covid struck. Didnt renew membership & then decided to move area. Then Covid again. Now I'm two stones heavier having sat on my arse & have lost all fitness. Hit 75 balls yesterday. Not any of them with any kind of proper controlled swing. Strangely found it easier with the driver than other clubs. Just couldnt find any of my old feeling. Maybe I need to look at lighter shafts? Its going to be a long journey back. Dont want to join a new club until I've regained some semblance of former ability.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Hit the range on Monday. Had a lesson on weds. Played yesterday and ended up with 32 points. a few disaster holes, but didn't lose a ball until 16th. had a 2 on the par3 9th and 2 pars including 18. Overall, very happy. gonna try and hit the range twice this week and then maybe playing again on Sunday.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
My first round back after lockdown was at the fantastic JCB golf club in uttoxeter. After 30 minutes on the range I was pleasantly surprised with how I felt.

I finished on a very respectful 84 which I was more than happy with considering lockdown, new clubs and a tough course!

Worldy course! 84 is a decent knock round there especially first round back!

Daveg99

Visit site
Worldy course! 84 is a decent knock round there especially first round back!

The course was unreal! Following on from last weeks JCB I’ve played the Brabazon today which didn’t go quite as well as I’d hoped due to tough conditions but still an amazing course non the less.

I still haven’t even played my home course yet!

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
The course was unreal! Following on from last weeks JCB I’ve played the Brabazon today which didn’t go quite as well as I’d hoped due to tough conditions but still an amazing course non the less.

I still haven’t even played my home course yet!

I’m hoping to play JCB again this year myself. It needs a few tweaks here and there and needs to mature in places but in 10 years time or so it’ll be some course. . Some of the holes are incredible!

Daveg99

Visit site
I’m hoping to play JCB again this year myself. It needs a few tweaks here and there and needs to mature in places but in 10 years time or so it’ll be some course. . Some of the holes are incredible!

100%. That’s the same feedback we had really. The course is unreal but it’s the other bits that need a bit longer to grow. Talking to a few of the guys that work there and they were saying a major tournament is on the cards for the future.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played Friday and Saturday, and played really quite well. However if I am honest, I dont feel the golf bug has returned and don't feel the urge to continue with it. Perhaps it will return after a few more games, or perhaps the use of tee times still is whats killing it for me.