How did it go

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty good! Weather was fantastic, I struck the ball better than expected. Unfortunately the putting was awful and chipping not great which is mainly what let me down. Loved being back out there though.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Teed off at 8:06 on my own. caught up with a fourball on the 6th. The teed off 7 then let me through. Then let through on the tenth by a couple of groups. Round in 2 hours 30 minutes

Hit my woods poorly off the tee, but never put myself in danger. Hit my irons pretty consistent, which some people on here will say they don't believe.
Had 37 points, at midnight going to sign up for tomorrow :p

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Monday hit the range
Shocked myself how well I hit it
So Tuesday booked in to play 1 of my final rounds at club I'm leaving
Decided to put general play card in.......on the back of swinging it well the day before
Wow, talk about Jekyll & Hyde
Was shocking, like id never played before, though did manage to find something on the back 9, albeit too late
Weather was glorious.... Golf, not so
0.5 increase ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not nearly as good as Monday, a few hooks crept in along with a bit of deceleration at times which made for some messy golf.

Got the trolley out yesterday as carried 18 on Monday and was feeling it a bit. Course was rammed in front of us again. We were a 2 ball, the 3 ball in front were waiting for us on every tee, took well over 2 hours for 9 holes at which point we gave up. We were both playing poorly, and both tired, the only bonus yesterday was being out in the sunshine again.

Try again today ?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Beautiful weather here in Leeds yesterday. Shot a 98 for 34 points, including 2 balls in the water at 14, but overall the game was in better shape than I was expecting. Unfortunately, being a PMG member is impossible to get a tee time as by the time they get opened up to me, they are all taken

Crumplezone

Visit site
Me and the Mrs played 9 holes at Green Haworth yesterday. GIR and par on the first, downhill from there and she won. Ball striking not too bad, putting and chipping a bit ropey. Good to be out again though.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Had work commitments but got off a meeting at 4.20 and was on the first green for 4.45 after a quick swing in the nets, a chip and putt.

2 over gross through 11 with my first ball and 1 over with the 2nd ball (which i didn’t play the first with) it was busy and slow after hole 1 so I played two balls to slow me down a little.

Before the break the driver was giving me a headache, spinning a little too much and turning over the ball more than I’d like, big mental block on it.

Today, I was just so happy to be out in the fresh air hitting bad shots was of no concern and it showed with the big stick.

Dinner hour tommorow will be solely spent on the chipping green trying to find my touch again. May get a few holes in during the evening.

Just need to keep this mentality, care free golf suits me much better than being overly serious about it.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were so stacked out when IG went live, that our group got bounced off the system and we had to wait until 4.45 to tee off.

Golf - couple of good shots but a lot of very bad. Weather fantastic and course work by the keepers jaw-droppingly amazing. We have a loop of almost 3 new holes after they cleared out so much old mess and clutter, in line with our plan to restore many of harry Colt's original features and designs. Augers really well for the future. Great job lads! Topnotch.

Got 18 in yesterday and played pretty well. Threw them up and partner and I took the money winning 3 & 1.

But was completely knackered after the layoff. I hadn't swung a club since early November. :eek:;)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve managed two full 18’s this week along with 9 yesterday evening and I have to say, once the ring rust had gone, I’ve been really quite pleased with the way I’ve been hitting it. It really doesn’t feel like I’ve had three months without even putting on the lounge carpet, never mind making a full swing.

My putting, in particular, has been really encouraging. It’s just my chipping which seems to have gone badly awry, so some work needed there.

All in all lots of encouragement as we head into the new season.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First 2 days have been rammel, today was better with no blobs, but my putting has been the worst I have ever known it. the greens are the slowest I can remember

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Played 9 y’day morning. Really enjoyed being back out on the course. I topped a few, blocked a few to the right but still really enjoyed it. Course was looking nice and the views over the course as nice as ever, I’d missed it. Finished 12 over (9 holes) so far from great scoring but given I’ve not picked up a club since last year I was happy enough. 6 over after 2, so played the rest ok ishA60C8046-104A-4ECD-BAFA-9C72EF665CC5.jpeg